First time buyer

Hey all, I'm a newbie to all of this, but looking to get involved ASAP.

Basically as explained in title; I'm looking for an air rifle on a budget. After reading around for quite some time the Weihrauch HW95k seems a very nice air rifle if I could find one second hand, would this be reccomended? As my version of "very nice" may be absolute crap.

If not the Weihrauch HW95k, my budget would be around £200 are there any you could reccomend?

Also I'm not upto scratch with all the tech/spec terms, so any advice would be gratefully recieved in baby-talk lol

Grateful for any replies, Matt

Hey all, I'm a newbie to all of this, but looking to get involved ASAP.

Basically as explained in title; I'm looking for an air rifle on a budget. After reading around for quite some time the Weihrauch HW95k seems a very nice air rifle if I could find one second hand, would this be reccomended? As my version of "very nice" may be absolute crap.

If not the Weihrauch HW95k, my budget would be around £200 are there any you could reccomend?

Also I'm not upto scratch with all the tech/spec terms, so any advice would be gratefully recieved in baby-talk lol

Grateful for any replies, Matt

Welcome mate, the HW95k would do you just fine, its a very competent gun, puts bunnies on there butts, but before you buy any gun, just make sure you like the weight and that it fits you, most gunshops will let you hold there guns so you can gain a feel for your chosen weapon ;)

aaron.... ground control calling aaron .

:D

I am sure he will be along soon trying to sell you his.

ATB

Michael

naa scuba he is in school it will be about 3 or 4 o clock before he comes on here :D

anyway any springer from the 3 main companies will do for any beginer webley, bsa and Weihrauch springers are all good guns.

Raiderboy

Thanks for the replies guys,

being in the TA infantry I should know what a "springer" is I don't, but I'm guessing spring loaded.. is this correct?

Thanks, Matt

it means that it uses a spring and piston, as opposed to compressed air like a PCP. (Pre Charged Pneumatic)

No charging gear needed, just cock it then fire. :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies guys,

being in the TA infantry I should know what a "springer" is I don't, but I'm guessing spring loaded.. is this correct?

Thanks, Matt

a springer is a break barrel airgun basically

like one of these

post-29555-1246360380.jpg

Raiderboy

No not quite Matt,

Its a Spring Powered Rifle; that you either cock (tension the spring) by breaking the Barrel, or via a lever underneath or at the side.

Then when you squeeze the trigger, the spring is released, pushes the piston forward and compresses then forces the air out of the chamber, propelling the pellet from the breach down the barrel and on its way.

Its when Newtons laws of motion kick in that says ''for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'

Its this reaction that gives a springer (and a cartridge gun) it recoil.

PCP (pre-charged pnuemantic guns) dont have this action and are virtually recoilless.

Master a springer, you master the art :)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

you can have a good time with a springer mate hope all the info is helpful to you and i would like to say if none of your chosen guns suit try the BSA lightning quality gun accurate and well powerful enough for any beginner

all the best liam

No not quite Matt,

Its a Spring Powered Rifle; that you either cock (tension the spring) by breaking the Barrel, or via a lever underneath or at the side.

Then when you squeeze the trigger, the spring is released, pushes the piston forward and compresses then forces the air out of the chamber, propelling the pellet from the breach down the barrel and on its way.

Its when Newtons laws of motion kick in that says ''for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'

Its this reaction that gives a springer (and a cartridge gun) it recoil.

PCP (pre-charged pnuemantic guns) dont have this action and are virtually recoilless.

Master a springer, you master the art :)

Phantom

Good description Pantom.... and some science too...

Like it