Who accually gives their ferrets exercise?

like what it it says above who accually gives their ferrets exercise other than in its run or court? because i let my two run around the garden every other day when i clean them out and inbetween them days i let them run around my kitchen with the dog (supervised of course) for about an hour until the dog has had enough and jumps the barrier keeping them in the kitchen. i think that giving them lots of exercise is going to make them better workers when it comes to their first season and it helps to keep them tame.

Raiderboy

Yes I let all mine out everyday for a run. They have a bunch of tunnels and boxes that they like to mess around in...keeps them in good nick for the season.

Always have to shake my head when I see people out ferreting at the start of the season with wasted, unfit ferrets from an inactive summer.

The daughter gets ours out most days pulls a big board across the patio between

the two walls so they cant escape and they run about on the patio for ages

and when they go back in the court they run around again they are full of it

I have a stone walled patio, the gate holes are fenced off, just let them chase each other around the patio, just have to keep grabbing them out of the planters before they dig up the plants :D I made my wheel from a bycicle wheel, 26inch wheel :)

I have a stone walled patio, the gate holes are fenced off, just let them chase each other around the patio, just have to keep grabbing them out of the planters before they dig up the plants :D I made my wheel from a bycicle wheel, 26inch wheel :)

get a picture up of these wheels because everyone seems to be very interested in them.

Raiderboy

get a picture up of these wheels because everyone seems to be very interested in them.

Raiderboy

OK, I will stick one up in a bit, just have to take the pic, then get it up. :)

Right! slight problem, I cant find the A-frame that the wheel slots onto, as soon as I track it down I will put the full wheel up, but here's a couple of pics of the wheel if you fancy having a go your self, its easy enough to do, I had a mate sort me the A-frame at his workshop, the A-frame bolts onto the threads on the wheels spindal, with ten minutes thought you could have one built by tomorow :)

post-24513-1246362620_thumb.jpg

post-24513-1246362630_thumb.jpg

post-24513-1246362642_thumb.jpg