need help

whent into me ferret shed today and he was face down in the run he was fine last night when i took liver kidneys and rabbit heart in he was jumping round and had loads of energy like normal he isnt eating im giving him milk and egg threw a seringe the vet on the way is there any thing that i could be im deverstated if it gona pass away he five year old now and cort me a sh.t loads of rabbit and rats

his symtoms at moment are that he got no energy he dosent seem bothered with food just seems as if he giving up and when ever i pic him up to feed him he is limp and just kicking his back legs seems dehighdrated but there is water in there at all times for him :(

any help greatly aprciated

sorry about speling not very good at it

whent into me ferret shed today and he was face down in the run he was fine last night when i took liver kidneys and rabbit heart in he was jumping round and had loads of energy like normal he isnt eating im giving him milk and egg threw a seringe the vet on the way is there any thing that i could be im deverstated if it gona pass away he five year old now and cort me a sh.t loads of rabbit and rats

his symtoms at moment are that he got no energy he dosent seem bothered with food just seems as if he giving up and when ever i pic him up to feed him he is limp and just kicking his back legs seems dehighdrated but there is water in there at all times for him :(

hi, i'm in the same boat one of my jills is dying been ill for last 3 days. she wont eat only takes water with my help and just sleeps all the time.she is about 5 so might be coming to the end-will give her 1 more day to pick up if not will put her to sleep hate 2 see them suffer-good luck with yours. regards grebb

hi, i'm in the same boat one of my jills is dying been ill for last 3 days. she wont eat only takes water with my help and just sleeps all the time.she is about 5 so might be coming to the end-will give her 1 more day to pick up if not will put her to sleep hate 2 see them suffer-good luck with yours. regards grebb

mine has just came on all of asudern not very well at all hope im able to pull him threw it

mine has just came on all of asudern not very well at all hope im able to pull him threw it

is there any 1 on here that has had this type of ilness in there ferrets befour that could shed some light on what it is vet running late

Sorry to hear that fella,

Hope he gets back to full health soon,

The humble ferret i think a creature that is very under appreciate these days...

And you sound like you appreciate these little warriors Fair play and atb

T 7

Edited by tiny 7

sounds very similar to what happened to my ferrets about four months ago went out to feed them in the evening running about run and eating fine. next morning my albino jill lying in bed not moving. she died about an hour later :( . watched the others carefully no signs until one week later went out to feed the and another two dead :(:( . so i removed the other two from hutch and run gutted it washed it all out with heavily diluted bleach (as suggested online for dystemper) other two ferrets survived and have bred. five new kitts arrived on friday.

hope your hob gets better :)

I see you say you have been giving the lad milk? Did you give it milk before it got ill?

Have made this mistake in the past, never again.

Milk going bad mixed with the food knocked a pair of mine off there feet within a day, dead within 2 days.

Milk, Summer and ferrets don't mix unfortunately.

Hope yours pulls through mate.