Sabertooth Bunny

We took the dogs out for a little rabbit coursing this afternoon. They caught 5 rabbits and had 2 misses. The last race produced something the dogs weren't quite ready to handle....SABERTOOTH BUNNY!

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

The head is skinned and drying out for the night. Tomorrow it'll go in with the beetles. It appears that the top tooth loops back all the way to the skull. This is a skull worth keeping.

Thought I'd share...

Tony

Think its down the the upper and lower jaw being misalighned, usually the chewing action (teeth on teeth) keep the teeth to the correct length, Ive had a few of these and the preveous poster was 100% correct, Ive picked them up which were skeletal, so thin and amasiated, good job, did it a favour.

i've seen this before with dopey pet owners, i was asked a while ago to clip its teeth, which i did but not without the hints of bunny stew, seriously though it was good your dog caught it, may have been surviving but it must of hurt or been unconfertable at the very least, happy hunting everyone x x x

hey Tony, look forward to meeting next week. I caught a few rabbits like that over the years in the UK, first iv'e seen in the US though. It's pretty rare to see I caught thousands of rabbits with ferrets hawks and lurchers and only saw 3or 4 in all that time.

atb Dirtwinger

The beetles are almost done with the skull. The top tooth penetrates the skull on the inside. I'll bring it with me, next week and show you. I've only seen this in photos, this is the first time live for me. Pretty weird.

Thanks...Tony