Another incident with a neighbor's dog in our garden

Today while I was still at work the neighbors jack russell got into our garden and our BeddieX and my ancient SalukiX well and truly nailed it, this is the 3rd time (the other 2 times it was another neighbor) this has happened each after each prior incident I've 'upgraded' my fence at my expense and even paid a vets on the first incident.

My question to everyone reading is;

What would your dogs to do in the same situation?

Should I be responsible for fencing my garden to ensure small dogs can't get in even though my fencing is geared towards my larger dogs?

How many would pay the vets bill?

Regards

Mark

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Opinion is it's their dog that is entering your property then it is up to them to make the arangments to their garden to make sure that it dosnt happen as you have done your bit!

As for paying the vet bill well that was nice for you to do it the first time but if it was me i wouldnt be so willing to do it a second time.

Thats my opinion.

Guest miller1989

Wouldnt pay a penny there dog entered your property,wouldnt secure the fence either thats there problem not yours! Sounds like the retard i cut a hedge for cut the hedge and next door came round i want it this high blar blar i said that not my job,he insisted it was i said you pay me and ill do it!

My Opinion is it's their dog that is entering your property then it is up to them to make the arangments to their garden to make sure that it dosnt happen as you have done your bit!

As for paying the vet bill well that was nice for you to do it the first time but if it was me i wouldnt be so willing to do it a second time.

Thats my opinion.

my opinion too :thumbs:

youve done all you can mark with the fencing and such,if its secure for your dogs,aslong as they cant get out i would leave it at that,,,if they cant keep there dogs secure thats there problem in my eyes...........as for the vet bills leave it to them the dog shouldnt of been there..........

I'm glad you are all thinking along the same lines as me, the guy was making out it it was my problem to start with but I think/hope he realized it not my fault if his come into our garden.

The other thing is my old SalukiX has never attacked another dog in his life unless in self defence so it looks to me that his dog came into our garden and attacked my 12yr SalukiX before the beddieX got involved. Not only that but he probably had to give our beddieX a good kicking get him to let go of his terrier.

Luckily for him I was at work with my Saluki's otherwise they would of killed the terrier and nailed the guy when he came in to stop the attack and then what would happen my dogs would likely end up being PTS?

Edited by Meerihunter

dogs should be sound with every dog as they are used for hunting so should not attack others but would not be paying for a dog that came to my place and kicked it off it should be you who upset their dog coming to your dogs place

I had a simmilar issue with a neighbours dog some yrs ago, he was left outside while they worked but kept ripping holes in the fence & getting into my garden then i was stuck with the dog till they got home , i just gave the bugger both barrells as it was an almost daily thing in the end , it was sorted pretty quickly, it was crated outside & then barked all day every day :laugh::laugh:

They just let their dog wander around where ever they like, the other neighbor is the same they just let their collie crap all over the place usually right outside our gate, For a time it was jumping our gate and coming into our garden on a few ocassions it just made it out the garden before our dogs made contact. Again I had sort the gate at my expense like I've nothing better to do with my spare time.

It's only a matter of time before the get killed on the road out the front the way they are going let alone being killed by my dogs.