I use too swim all mine at the local dog pool till it got way too expensive :cry: but I asked the guy who walks round with them the same question, he said their back end starts too lower in the water, but he also said some dogs would only use their front legs! I think it was about 15 min but he did increase it the more I went, I know its easier to see in a clear pool! But hope this helps, may be try ask some one into greys they seemed to be a few their when I have been, cheers Dave

mate ask your self this have you ever seen a dog dround befor because i havnt,they will do what they can and like any animal no more mine do it for fun they dont tire of it,its also very very good for them no pressure on the joints.let your dog play as long as it wants it wont dround.

was at vets yesterday , and there was a sign on the wall , advertising swimming for dogs , it said that 6 mins is the equivillent to a 5 mile walk

theyve got a dog swimming poool near me they charge a fookin fortune and really turn there noses up at anything that looks slightly like a real dog, think im goin up with the pup when shes a bit older just to cause a bit of havoc lol :gunsmilie:

One thing you need to remember is that even when the weather is roasting hot, the water temperature will be quite cool in comparison, especially in running or deep water. Puppies chill very easily as they don't have the body mass to retain core temperature like an adult dog does.

Just a few moments for a young pup is enough to begin with: feel the pup's ears and if they feel cold then you've over done it, even if the sun is hot. Don't leave puppies wet once you get home, and if your'e a long way from home then you'll need to dry them off and warm them up thoroughly if they do get cold: a bit of a breeze on a wet pup will also chill them quickly.