cleaned out

A normal end to the day! Last chore to shut the hens in only to find the fox in the pen and decapitated carcasses lying all around the hen run. Unfortunately the terrier did not get to it in time as it made its way out a hole in the run which had a snare set on it. :angry: The hens had knocked the snare during the day whilst raking in the soil so he got away. :angry: This took place at 18:30 this evening, 12 hens savaged, poor cockerel left on his own. Hopefully catch up with him in the morning "hanging around"! First time he's wiped the whole gang clean out. :angry:

post-30882-1244664947_thumb.jpg

post-30882-1244664980_thumb.jpg

post-30882-1244665008_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wounded for ya , there are some release pens near where i walk / run / the dogs , and in the pens have wooden stakes with pheasant wings hanging from them ,... i thought that these were there to see if a fox was taking the freebees , , well at the end of the season i walked through one of the release pens and noticed that there was an electric cable going to the pheasant wing , and it was wired to the electric fence , so that when mr foxy took what was on offer , he got a shock in his mouth , brilliant idea i thought as i,d never seen it before , i just hope the keepers dont come up with any more cunning ideas , say for example catching poachers ect

Edited by MR POACH

went up the field to check if the b*****d had got caught in my wires, the sly fecker had dug another hole under the run to avoid the snares . the war continues,hopefully get him tonight andri

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH fox hunting is cruel BLAH BLAH. it has absolutely no effect on my life but i want to change the law because killing foxes is cruel. look how cute they are, how can you even think about killing another animal. ooo a nice juicy fillet steak, im glad that doesnt come from animals. :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

I hate the fact that the antis are campaigning against a way of life for many people when the only effect it has on them is poor foxy woxy being killed. for many people, including yourself Andri one fox can ruin a mans day, week, month, year by continuously killing and maiming our livestock. we used to keep chickens, not anymore due to the hassel but we had 30 in one pen. one night, all of them were there, next morning only feathers remained. why should people get so much say in a matter when it has little or no effect on their life. theres too much bloody government intervention in traditions and culture which is why i can't wait for Gordon Brown to f**k off. Hopefully Cameron will see some bloody sense.

rant over

Sadly we are seeing an increase in Fox numbers of late, i saw one in the back garden the other night for the first time ever.

There seems to be an explosion in the rural fox population since hunting with dogs was banned which doubtless means that with more foxes competing for the same food we will see more foxes coming in for an easy meal.

These will be the weaker ones which cannot compete with the other foxes, it was these very foxes that the hunts used to catch thereby ensuring a healthy rural fox population, further evidence for an overturn on the rediculous ban on hunting with dogs.

I am sorry to see those pics of your chickens, i remember as a child seeing the same thing happen to my uncles chickens it was soul destroying.