RUSSELS ANY GOOD

Guest fence_hopper

the old stormer line of gouldys were more than capeable at dispatching their quarry below ground. there are still a few about. had a son of stormer and vixen that was more than able, even the bitches. but there was a touch of bull blood in them.
like i said depends whose lines you had ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AngelicAcid

What height was the dog Baily, like that type, some family had them late 50s right through to the 80s, all small type bow legged.

One did just under 3 days under a big old oak, had to get the digger out, dog died to ground, might have a pic of the dog in the pram with me, and a few others, mostly black and white.

See if I can find them later.

Pebbles1.jpg Wouldnt be able to have a guess how many we have dug with this dog but he going into his 8th or 9th season, not a killer but will stand his ground but what matters is that if there is one at home you are digging him if it doesnt bolt.

nice dog mate :clapper::clapper::clapper::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest fence_hopper
Pebbles1.jpg Wouldnt be able to have a guess how many we have dug with this dog but he going into his 8th or 9th season, not a killer but will stand his ground but what matters is that if there is one at home you are digging him if it doesnt bolt.

nice little jack mate, i know where your coming from mate, he looks a little dog with a big heart a credit to you

tidy dog he definetly nows the crack id say :clapper:
MANY MOONS AGO WHEN I WAS A WEE LAD, MY UNCLE TOLD ME THAT A RUSSLE COULD NOT DESPATCH A FOX TO GROUND THEY'ER NOT HARD ANOTH (PRE BAN) ANYONE EXPERIENCE RUSSEL MEN TELL ME DIFFERENT AS THIS HAS PUT ME OF EVER OWNING ONE

ANY PICS OF A PRE BAN RUSSEL THAT DID THE JOB WOULD BE GRATE WITH OR WIYTHOUT QUAURY THANKS

the hardest terrier i ever owned was a parson type il try and put a pic of him up a real good fox dog i was running burrows for a farmer near me and on the way back to the yard after no luck he went into a real deep hole we couldnt line him with the old 15ft box we were at a loss of what to do the farmer was not to keen on me using a digger as where the hole was if we had of done some real digging his yard could have came down the bank so all i could do was wait after 3 days i got the dog laying out side the hole on my coat further more about 3ft in the entrance to the hole was a dead vixen it took 8 weeks for my warrior to heal how proud was i words dont do him justice sadly after 2 seasons of hard work i lost him in a simple 4 footer stuck hard and fast with a big dog fox he had suffocated he has been a hard one to replace i can tell you :(

Guest oldskool

i know not everyone will agree but i call any white dog a russell... i used to cross a border/lakey bitch i had to a russell dog and they always through to her shape except they had his tri-colour markings... any of the ones i kept back grew into hard dogs after a season or 2 of work... i guess what i'm trying to say is is that are the really good hard working russells we have now not the result of crossing to lakelands, patts and bull etc etc????? i might read this again in a day and find it daft myself, but how many russells can go back more than 2 generations without a touch of something else in the makeup... most of the lads i used to know of in the town kept hard russells but most of them were the result of a 'white one' in a litter of blacks...

he sounded like a real battler arron, sorry to here that he's no longer with urs. :(

not alot you can do when it happens it could have been worse though he could have quit and that would have been harder to take ;)

he sounded like a real battler arron, sorry to here that he's no longer with urs. :(

not alot you can do when it happens it could have been worse though he could have quit and that would have been harder to take ;)

well said mate... :thumbs: