Leave it to someone who can

I agree with with Catcher 1. To many people get rid of their dogs as soon as something becomes wrong with it. Iv had my whippet just over a year and it has only just started to stop barking. I have worked hard for her and now she is brilliant, just shows that even if its no the best dog at the start give it a chance!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Catcher,im not quite sure if this was directed at me or not but ill take it all on the chin! At the end of the day im an allround hunter, a dog bred from good stock where the dam and sire are 5-6 years proven dogs on all quarry sometimes throw out not so good litters,now i wouldnt blame the breeder as the dam/sire are both proven but if you know you have done everything you can for this dog and its matured and its not doing the business theres only one place for them!

If your looking for a rabbiting dog then look no further as most lurchers no mater what cross will usually take rabbits! But as i said im an allround man and i need an allround dog! I live in a built up area ive no alockements so ive no room for dogs that just wont work! Limited area in my kennels for dogs that do jobs in halfs,me think about cow boy builder you only get half a job! The reason i do things this way is then maybe just maybe the forsale section on here and people always saying my dog wont do this or wont do that! This may no longer happen! Where we are all the people i know do it the same and id say out of 20 dog men we have 15 that are real dog men! Makes all the difference!

ATB

Hi miller.The topic was not directed at you honest.I dont know you mate so i would not judge you.Its about people that take on dogs .Cant or dont know how to get the best out of them so they are passed on.You can spot them a mile away.Most of them sell the dog under two years old because as they say its not doing the job.What do they want at two years most dog are still learning at that age.And why is it no good at a certain age.Because most of the owners dont put in the time.The poor dog is left in some rotting old kennel and taken out onces a week.I see it all the time mate.It makes me sick.We all go on about how we have to repecked our quarry.Well give the dog the same and more.I will leave it at that as i could go on and on.All i am saying if you dont know how to keep,train,work,or look after a dog the right way.Leave it to someone who can.atb. Catcher 1

But if a dog doesnt have it ,it doesnt matter how much you put into it some dogs just dont meet some peoples standards ...but moving an inferior dog on especialy for ££££££££££ is out of order the right thing should be done ....and with the amount of second class dogs being bred for ££££££££ the problem will just get worse ..YOU BREED SHITE YOU GET SHITE

Hi

But if a dog doesnt have it ,it doesnt matter how much you put into it some dogs just dont meet some peoples standards ...but moving an inferior dog on especialy for ££££££££££ is out of order the right thing should be done ....and with the amount of second class dogs being bred for ££££££££ the problem will just get worse ..YOU BREED SHITE YOU GET SHITE

Hi MOO Its not about Breeding mate .Its about careing and giving the dog time to prove its self.If people are selling dogs under two years old because they dont meet there standards then more fool them.atb. Catcher 1

Its always the good dog lads that have the good dogs, If this was down to the breeding are these people just lucky, again and again,and the lads that are out working pups well under a year old unluky again an again, course not. My second lurcher was a 2 year old when i got her from the local expert lurcher lads, i was her 3rd owner. It took 1season to get her right,and ended up being best i ever owned, she died of old age. I get more of a thrill thinking of how i pulled that bitch out of a shit life, than training any pup since.

Its always the good dog lads that have the good dogs, If this was down to the breeding are these people just lucky, again and again,and the lads that are out working pups well under a year old unluky again an again, course not. My second lurcher was a 2 year old when i got her from the local expert lurcher lads, i was her 3rd owner. It took 1season to get her right,and ended up being best i ever owned, she died of old age. I get more of a thrill thinking of how i pulled that bitch out of a shit life, than training any pup since.

Hi mate.IF we had more people like you we would have less hassel.Someone who knows the score give the dog to the right person and it will do the job.atb. Catcher 1. :thumbs:

Guest Naughty
Some dogs no matter how well bred/reared or entered wont make the grade FACT. I guess its all about diferent standards, if your happy with your dog then fine.............
Agree with most of what was oridgonaly said but have to agree here also, there are dogs that will never make the grade no matter how gooder dog man behind the dog, Edited by Naughty
Some dogs no matter how well bred/reared or entered wont make the grade FACT. I guess its all about diferent standards, if your happy with your dog then fine.............
Agree with most of what was oridgonaly said but have to agree here also, there are dogs that will never make the grade no matter how gooder dog man behind the dog,

Fair play mate.My dog are reared to the highest standard i can get them to.But to give up on any dog under two or even three year old is a disgrace FACT. Then to sell it on to someone you dont know . :censored: If you take the dog on have the balls to make sure it is looked after properly.atb. Catcher 1

Hi MOO Its not about Breeding mate .Its about careing and giving the dog time to prove its self.If people are selling dogs under two years old because they dont meet there standards then more fool them.atb. Catcher 1

its about everthing... breeding ..bringing on a young dog the correct way...then you get the folks who breed from shite and sell pups to people that have trusted them when they say that the parents where 100% on everthing day and night.....if more people did there homework on there pups parents ,,there would be alot less of passing dogs on.......and like already has been said some dogs wont and never will be anygood .....and some of the traits can been seen from well before two years old.....its that old cliche again ..if but ....theres many answers to your question.......the question i have for you would you keep a dog that wasnt a very good worker.......????

its about everthing... breeding ..bringing on a young dog the correct way...then you get the folks who breed from shite and sell pups to people that have trusted them when they say that the parents where 100% on everthing day and night.....if more people did there homework on there pups parents ,,there would be alot less of passing dogs on.......and like already has been said some dogs wont and never will be anygood .....and some of the traits can been seen from well before two years old.....its that old cliche again ..if but ....theres many answers to your question.......the question i have for you would you keep a dog that wasnt a very good worker.......????

Yes i have never gave up on any dog.When i take a dog on it is for life.Never give up a dog will allways be good for something.atb . Catcher 1

sO WHAT YOU ARE SAY ING IS BREEDING IS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT :clapper: YOU CANT BREED RATS USEING MICE ...AND IM GLAD THE LADS THAT I DEAL WITH HAVE THE SAME VIEWS AS ME

sO WHAT YOU ARE SAY ING IS BREEDING IS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT :clapper: YOU CANT BREED RATS USEING MICE ...AND IM GLAD THE LADS THAT I DEAL WITH HAVE THE SAME VIEWS AS ME

Hi MOO Read the topic.What i am saying if you dont know much about dogs.As we can see a lot of people dont.Leave it to those who can.I am only asking people to put in a bit of effort before giveing up on the dog. Catcher 1