i hate vets, my mates staff got badly bitten by a bull mastif the other day, quite a big wound. took it to the vets, but because the owed them money for previous treatment they turned thw dog away. Yeah they definatly do it for the love of the animals, bunch of c**ts

Edited by RustyG

My bitch cut herself on barbed wire under the leg.

I was charged 75 pounds for 6 staples, antibiotics, a collar to stop her licking the wound.

A check-up and a visit to remove the staples.

I think that's a real bargain for Surrey and the price you paid would probably be quite normal, in that i mean a rip off.

Shepp

i hate vets, my mates staff got badly bitten by a bull mastif the other day, quite a big wound. took it to the vets, but because the owed them money for previous treatment they turned thw dog away. Yeah they definatly do it for the love of the animals, bunch of c**ts

I hate arseholes that make generalisations.

Yes, vets have to make money - doesn't everyone? At the end of the day it's a business - the bank manager won't cut them any slack just because they treated an animal, using drugs, supplies, staff time, kennel space, who's owner then didn't pay the bill.

If he hasn't paid for previous treatments, then is he likely to pay for this one?

If it had been a life threatening emergency, then they would have treated it.

If you can't afford the necessary expenses for your animal, then why do you have them in the first place - owning any sort of animal is a privelage, not a right

I hate arseholes that make generalisations.

Yes, vets have to make money - doesn't everyone? At the end of the day it's a business - the bank manager won't cut them any slack just because they treated an animal, using drugs, supplies, staff time, kennel space, who's owner then didn't pay the bill.

If he hasn't paid for previous treatments, then is he likely to pay for this one?

If it had been a life threatening emergency, then they would have treated it.

If you can't afford the necessary expenses for your animal, then why do you have them in the first place - owning any sort of animal is a privelage, not a right

I dont agree mate most wont do any work on an animal weather life threatening or not if they dont see the nelson eddies first and the materials they use usaualy cost them pence and they charge the bloody earth for them my dog got an infection in his eye it cost me £80 for saline solution and the consultancy fee. I have my dog's insured now but the vet has to have the money up front then I claim it back wich if I had the money in my back burner I wouldnt need the bloody insurance any way's I have found a decent vet now that will do any work up front and let's me sort them when the insurance pays out atb.

Its not legal to perform medical procedures on your dog but only if they catch you.I bought a skin stapler of ebay for about £8 and you can buy sutures with the needle attached and all sorts of other stuff dettol good too it stings but worth it or salt water.Germolene is good to have too

sent the better half to collect some acp tablets from my local vets, got charged £18.00 for one and a half tabs , last time she went the vet give us ten tablets (different vet), now these tablets are on the net for 14p each, only problem you need a prescription, rip off or not?,