Gun confiscated.

Guest Chip

Guest Chip

well i learnt a lesson today and that is take nothing for granted when it comes to buying used airguns/rifles.

i bought an air rifle s410 .22 last week and genuinly feeling it was underpower i took it to a gun shop to have a chrono test.

the fella went away came back some 10/15 minutes later to say hes spoken to a fire arms officer and he can not hand me the gun back as its over the limit.

he give me two options..apply for a fac to get it back or leave it there pay to have it turned down

i opted for the latter.

i was pissed off to begin with but it could have been a lot worse i suppose.

anyway next air rifle i buy im takeing a chrono with me.

heres a print out i cant make sense of it other than 14.7ft-lbs. :doh:

edited to say i dont know why its saying s200 and that date but when i asked for it to be printed these are the stats to my gun

Pic1674098250-1.jpg

Pic1674098251.jpg

Edited by Chip

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm::hmm: Sounds to me like he is pulling your trolleys down and giving you a good spanking.

Demand a retest and make sure the printed record is accurate, or better still YOU speak to the FAO

Something doesent sound as it should :thumbdown:

Guest Chip

i know it does fella he had it up on screen and tried to explain it to me then said thats 14.7 i asked for the print out

ive paid now and collect it if anyone knows there gun tech stuff feel free to ring the gun shop for us :D

i know it does fella he had it up on screen and tried to explain it to me then said thats 14.7 i asked for the print out

ive paid now and collect it if anyone knows there gun tech stuff feel free to ring the gun shop for us :D

get back to the shop and demand you gun back or money

Did you buy the gun privately?

Why did you get the rifle tested? Under power, what were you expecting?

If this person had called the police then you would of or should be expecting a visit.

I think you need to do some digging around regarding this chap at the shop, and ask to speak with the FAO to cover your back.

If this was the case then im sure you were aware that you were in possession of a firearm, its important to speak with the FAO.

Guest Chip

ive got the gun back lads i got a call this afternoon to come and collect it and said its now set at 11.something.

i went back with the misses she paid with her card its a place called ibstock gun and tackle leicester.

second lesson learned get your own crono :clapper: .

what of the numbers lads they mean nothing to me do they add up.

ive got the gun back lads i got a call this afternoon to come and collect it and said its now set at 11.something.

i went back with the misses she paid with her card its a place called ibstock gun and tackle leicester.

:blink:

ibstock gun and tackle im a bit supprised at your story the owner is ok!!

some thing dosent sound right here, did you see the chrono working at all?. or did he take it out the back out of site?

i know times are hard for all of us at the mo, but dont think a dealer would do this just to earn some revenue, or would they??? :hmm:

regards

davy

Guest Chip

ibstock gun and tackle im a bit supprised at your story the owner is ok!!