s410 rabbit kills.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brain dead rabbit will kick for a little while, its just nerves. Also, if you pick a rabbit up by the back legs soon after being shot you are stretching its leg muscles and there is a natural reflex due to stretch receptors in the muscle that will cause the muscles to kick. Again, this may feel like the rabbit is alive, but it is already dreaming of fields of fresh grass.

The important thing is to ensure that it is brain dead. You have the tool for the job and your accuracy sounds like its up to it. Don't be tempted by the macho rubbish that causes people to boast about long range shots. Use your stalking skills to get as close as you can. Only take shots that you are totally confident about. Aim for the brain (disect a rabbit head to see exactly where it is). A humane head shot should then be well within your capabilities shot after shot. If in any doubt about the status of the rabbit you are quite right to give its neck a quick stretch, at least you are doing everything in your power to ensure that you have caused as little suffering as possible.

Guest Scuba1
ive shot bunnies at ranges of 96meters with a legal .177 AAs410 (and i use a range finder )and killed them stone dead yes they do flip around for a minute but thats nerves i suggest its back to the basics download a picture of a rabbit off the net and print a dozen copys off and start practicing a then put the pictures up on here and ask the lads here for there advice you either are not allowing the nerves to do there thing or your not killing them .

there is no reason a .22 should not kill a bunnie cleanly and the AIR ARMS s410 is an awsome bit of kit so its not the gun it must be you!

so go back to basics . just keep us updated or see if 1 of the lads lives near you and can offer to show you?

Just a quick question here. What magnification do you use with your scope at those long distances??

ATB

michael

I have started to use a bi pod and it's the best thing I have ever done... I have always used a tall set that I made and they are good. But I am now using a short set and laying down, my kill count has doubled getting about 10-15 bunnies each visit now with clean kills, and better confidence. plus I am only into my 5 month of shooting, so still learning a lot, also I have changed to, Webley accupells from AA diabolo Field, and they seem to spread on impact better thus cleaner kill.

I have my zoom set at 4 on my scope and set at 30 yards at the front, I never touch them... it is zeroed in at 30 yards, and I am shooting really well. Shooting a Logun Axsor .22 with, Richter Optik 3x9x50 AOE scope, at 11.3ftlb. ;)

Guest Scuba1

So at 96meters and just for the fun of it 'll take a zero here of 35 yards, you have a drop of POI of 43 inches. supposing that you use a Mil Dot scope that would be pretty close to the bottom of the post and light years away from the last dot. So if you pardon the question, but how do you expect to get a clean kill like that ?? Please don't say its only 147 clicks away. Also are your pellets liquid or solid fuel propelled to carry enough energy to that range for a clean kill.

Not trying to start a ruck here, just want to know, as my BS meter has just jumped of the scale.

ATB

Michael

Edited by Scuba1

Im with scuba on this one woodchip!!

So what your saying is you have accurately shot quarry and killed near on 100metres :hmm:

Thats 109 yds.

Are you sure your not getting confused with feet :D 100 ft would be 30 m (32yds)

You need to re-do your sums or your gun chronod me thinks

Not saying it isnt possible, just a little hard to belive

:blink::blink:

Guest Scuba1
well first thing first my legal power AAs410 is zero'd in at 50M (meters) and yes i use mildots and a RANGE FINDER to get an accurate measurement

this was no trick shot i prefere to shoot long range this is a personal thing .

ive no need to come on here and brag about my range of kills im trying to help the lad so doubt all you like but keep your opinions to yourselfs.

WOODCHIP

Pardon me if I am wrong, but it would be pretty quiet on here if we all kept our opinions to ourselves. Its not really the way forward is it.

Back on track; Even with a 50 m zero, you POI is still no where near the last dot on your scope. So much for accurate shot placement.

ATB

Michael

Edited by Scuba1
Guest Scuba1
What happened to the rabbit?

Did it inhale the pellet and choke to death?

Now you have done it Andy... I now cant get this picture out of my head.

The guy with the rifle thinking the rabbit is is twitching in the agony of death, when in fact they are rolling around with laughter and hop back in the hole when the hunter gets to close to pick them up.

That would explain a often herd of phenomena of them kicking back to their hole to die, when in fact they are wiping the tears out of their eyes

Its your fault this is Andy

ATB

PMSL

Michael