have you been penalised for hunting in some way?

well just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experince to myne.....i got alot and i mean ALOT of sh*t for hunting at school and i thought i would never get seriously penalised for it again.....well went for a work experince placement at the national trust, all was fine at the interview.....anyway to cut a long story short i quit the course that i had to do before hand and it turns out i didnt get the placement because they found out i go lamping...im so annoyed and cant believe that it is fair that people can choose not to employ you because of your hobbys.......my life seems full of bloody drama at the moment :laugh:

has anyone else had a similar situation?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experince to myne.....i got alot and i mean ALOT of sh*t for hunting at school and i thought i would never get seriously penalised for it again.....well went for a work experince placement at the national trust, all was fine at the interview.....anyway to cut a long story short i quit the course that i had to do before hand and it turns out i didnt get the placement because they found out i go lamping...im so annoyed and cant believe that it is fair that people can choose not to employ you because of your hobbys.......my life seems full of bloody drama at the moment :laugh:

has anyone else had a similar situation?

No, ive been in the game 25 years[lamping+mooching =lurchers].When i first started back then, i didnt keep my mouth shut, because i was happy+proud what i did. But to day is a [Differnt] ball game, so next dont [Mention it] in your hobbys, because like you ive in the past i lost ground through Feckin [bUNNY HUGGERS] :angry:

yeah i couldnt believe it.....in one sence it think should i keep it hidden! or do i really want to work with people who penalise you for such things :hmm:

there will always be people quick to judge you in our game.thats how it is,best to try and not let it upset you and just carry on(i suppose thats easier said than done)F*CK EM.iv been called crul an all sorts but my old man always just use to tell me not to listen so i never have.atvb

If you quit the course anyway then why let it bother you?

Where one door closes another one always opens. If you feel you have been unfairly treated in some way, then you should take it up with the national trust, kick up a stink about it if you like the drama so much :D Personally I dont give a f**k what people think of me or what I do, if they dont like it thats up to them, I like what I do and it makes me happy thats all that matters you cant live your life to please other people ;)

Where one door closes another one always opens. If you feel you have been unfairly treated in some way, then you should take it up with the national trust, kick up a stink about it if you like the drama so much :D Personally I dont give a f**k what people think of me or what I do, if they dont like it thats up to them, I like what I do and it makes me happy thats all that matters you cant live your life to please other people ;)

:clapper::clapper: couldnt of said it better

totally agree mate, havnt got enough hours in the day to kick up a fuss with them, you cant reason with idiots, i dont care what people think about what i do but just feel it is an injustice that i didnt get my work placement because i hunt :angry:

totally agree mate, havnt got enough hours in the day to kick up a fuss with them, you cant reason with idiots, i dont care what people think about what i do but just feel it is an injustice that i didnt get my work placement because i hunt :angry:

works over rated anyway :D go out for a mooch with your hound instead,ull feel better.

Well said Al :clapper: I did a weeks work experience in a fecking curtain shop, it was a week of my life I will never get back :blink: all the interesting or exciting work placements were allready taken so I got stuck making daft fecking pelmets :doh: the only enjoyment I got out of it was spending the entire time secretly sticking pins deep into all the cushions with the sharp end pointing outwards :toast:

Well said Al :clapper: I did a weeks work experience in a fecking curtain shop, it was a week of my life I will never get back :blink: all the interesting or exciting work placements were allready taken so I got stuck making daft fecking pelmets :doh: the only enjoyment I got out of it was spending the entire time secretly sticking pins deep into all the cushions with the sharp end pointing outwards :toast:
lol you really are a evil spinster lmao :D