100 rabbits a night posible or not

Guest midnight_runner

caught 45 rabbits 1 hare lamped with my bitch as for minshaw catching 100,s 1 dog shite theres pic of old blue [minshaws]with lot of rabbits, hares, foxes, lamped he wouldnt take foxes ,but yet the photos keep cumming 100 take some doing on the best of land with 3 or more dogs....................... :yahoo: on other nights struggled to catch 20 all night :rolleyes: with my bitch........... :victory:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of folk keep mentioning having the right weather conditions to kill 100, with out the right dog you aint killing nothing....................the best night in the world you aint killing nothing if your dog aint bred right. a grey/whip will never kill 100 no matter wat the conditios.....im slippy, its easy to knock a guy(i guy i dont like) slagging a dog but minshaw has genuinley done the ton. but to kil this i would say would have to be done on fells..were the rabbits cant goin ..ever way great accoplishment :clapper:

I will tell you an area that it is more than possible,- myself and a mate were driving past the Killhope Lead mine (Alston road) towards Stanhope, at about 1.30 in the morning after doing some work for a friend. There was just a carpet of rabbits the further we got down the road, we had to slow down we were running so many over, it was dangerous to drive. I have never seen so many rabbits at one time. We had no dogs or guns with us. Anyone living in that area has it good.

I will tell you an area that it is more than possible,- myself and a mate were driving past the Killhope Lead mine (Alston road) towards Stanhope, at about 1.30 in the morning after doing some work for a friend. There was just a carpet of rabbits the further we got down the road, we had to slow down we were running so many over, it was dangerous to drive. I have never seen so many rabbits at one time. We had no dogs or guns with us. Anyone living in that area has it good.

I drive over that way Gin ,Stanhope ,my work takes me over that way at least twice a week theres not as much as there was when i started going over that way, i seen a few myxie rabbits trying to cross the road a couple of weeks ago wether that has put a big dent in them i dont know. :(

CAUGHT hundred and seventy plus in one nite a few years back .we were lamping on uist on the western isle of scotland with three dogs two collie cross lurcher,s and whippet that worked well. the collie crosses took the main bulk of the bag .who knows maybe if the battery packs had held out we would of got more.still a great night i will never forget :yahoo:

I HAVE MENTIONED THIS BE FOR BUT I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, TAKE A LOOK AT DOXHOPE WEBSITE

HE TOOK OVER 200 IN ONE NIGHT WITH 3 DOGS . TWO DOGS ABOUT 80 AND THE THIRD GOT 50 SOMTHING .

HE USED TO BE ON THIS SITE, AND IS A WELL RESPECTED LURCHER MAN FROM THE NORTH EAST.

THURSO JACK WHERE EXACTLY IS THAT PLACE, I DONT MIND A 12 HOUR DRIVE :)

I HAVE MENTIONED THIS BE FOR BUT I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, TAKE A LOOK AT DOXHOPE WEBSITE

HE TOOK OVER 200 IN ONE NIGHT WITH 3 DOGS . TWO DOGS ABOUT 80 AND THE THIRD GOT 50 SOMTHING .

HE USED TO BE ON THIS SITE, AND IS A WELL RESPECTED LURCHER MAN FROM THE NORTH EAST.

THURSO JACK WHERE EXACTLY IS THAT PLACE, I DONT MIND A 12 HOUR DRIVE :)

Tomo if you go could i come along? I dont mind 12 hours in the back with the dogs ;)

David