hunting within anti hunting family

lady lil legs (my daughter) has been coming out fox hunting, ferreting, snaring etc since she was two. she also come with me when i have farming jobs like planting patatoes and spraying - she loves every minute of it

she comes out walking the dogs, and when i went to ireland to help my uncle with the cattle she was straight in there no fear at all!!

however even though i have gone out of my way to insure that my daughter enjoys it, my family are still coming round to me hunting even though i've been doing it for years! my mother cannot stand what i do, my sis just doesn't want to discuss it and the rest simply try to ignore it

it would be nice to bring my cousins and neices out hunting but their parents simply wont have it, i think that people need better education regarding the countryside, forget talking to a 5 year old about sex why not farming and the needs for pest control, and where your food comes from. - i recently met a 19 year old girl who thought patatoes grew on trees and didn't now that beef came from an animal let alone a cow!! this world is mad!!

anyways heres some pic of my daughter

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/i...erreting369.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/i...erreting021.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/i...erreting377.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/i...erreting340.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/i...erreting027.jpg

anyone else bring their kids out and do have any idiots saying its not right -look forward to hearing from you atb x

Guest little lurcher

i think you are 100% correct too many youngsters think meat etc comes from supermarkets !!! a huge bugbear of mine , im with you , single mum , we grow own veg and take our meat from what sources are available , i think my sons are healthier for it, this winter has been very good for game and i have to say my eldests fits have reduced , im hopeful its the freshly caught and sourced meat thats helped

well done lurcher lass

Guest traceyg

Great to see girl hunters .The pics are really nice to see. My daughter is 10 and also loves hunting .I am now trying to teach her to skin and cook whats killed she has gutted and skinned a rabbit and is a dab hand at plucking . keep the post coming please its good to encourage the young ones :notworthy: :notworthy:

none of family where into hunting my grandad was a big coursing man, thats all i really knew about dogs till i meet sounder.now all our three are mad about the dogs my oldest is 7 and hes hunting mad hes a lot more done than i have :icon_redface: he loves ferreting, lamping,duck shooting, rifle shooting my young lady 6 hasn't been out much but loves getting out with the dogs and mad to shoot something :icon_eek: and is'nt afraid to get stuck and dirty and as for my youngest whos 2 he cant go a day with out seeing the dogs definitly going to be another mad hunter:D. heres a few pictures

p1010026.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF1099.jpg

IMG_1236-1.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

P9190016-1.jpg

none of family where into hunting my grandad was a big coursing man, thats all i really knew about dogs till i meet sounder.now all our three are mad about the dogs my oldest is 7 and hes hunting mad hes a lot more done than i have :icon_redface: he loves ferreting, lamping,duck shooting, rifle shooting my young lady 6 hasn't been out much but loves getting out with the dogs and mad to shoot something :icon_eek: and is'nt afraid to get stuck and dirty and as for my youngest whos 2 he cant go a day with out seeing the dogs definitly going to be another mad hunter:D. heres a few pictures

p1010026.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF1099.jpg

IMG_1236-1.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

P9190016-1.jpg

Nice pictures, my family are fine about me doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of it is simply down to misinformation; we tend to believe what we're told by the media, especially when we're young and impressionable. I'm ashamed to admit that although being brought up in a pro-hunting household I went through an anti-hunting phase during my late teens simply because I believed all the rubbish I was fed while at Art College (bloody students! :angel: ) I believed I was green as in Environmentally conscious but I later realised I was green as in innocent. :blink:

My wife was anti-hunting when we met but thanks to some education I've actually heard her swearing at the radio and tv during hunting debates with her pro-hunting stance. :clapper: I've only managed to get her to eat rabbit once and I've still not quite convinced her to allow an air rifle in the house but as they say in education; "small achievable steps."

My son, at eight months, was a bit too young to sit still in his buggy for a morning's ferreting last season but I have christened the basket underneath it last year when my pup caught her first rabbit while I was walking him through the forest. :D

Edited by Neal