Done In The Face

jasper65

Just a quick one to warn to be careful as even the nicest of birds can do you some damage.

Flew the Gos today as she has be pretty poorly lately but I took her out just to do some fist work with her, she was slow at first but finally recalled quickly at some short distances..

On her third call she came to the fist as usual and the next thing Bang!! she was hanging off my face :icon_eek:. this bird has never shown any aggresion before so I'm finding it a bit strange for a P/R bird which certainly wasn't under weight but always expect the unexpected hey....

At first I though she just made a mistake but nope she meant it as they're good proper Puncture holes from a proper Bind, a bit too close to my eye for my liking I must admit but at least I know what its like to be a Rabbit now :laugh:...

atb

Jasp

post-251-1224347804.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one to warn to be careful as even the nicest of birds can do you some damage.

Flew the Gos today as she has be pretty poorly lately but I took her out just to do some fist work with her, she was slow at first but finally recalled quickly at some short distances..

On her third call she came to the fist as usual and the next thing Bang!! she was hanging off my face :icon_eek: . this bird has never shown any aggresion before so I'm finding it a bit strange for a P/R bird which certainly wasn't under weight but always expect the unexpected hey....

At first I though she just made a mistake but nope she meant it as they're good proper Puncture holes from a proper Bind, a bit too close to my eye for my liking I must admit but at least I know what its like to be a Rabbit now :laugh: ...

atb

Jasp

feck me jasper you are talking about fanny arnt you,i would never have belived it mate, after flying her with you the other day ,i didnt think she had one bit of bad in her mate it just goes to show , i hope your ok mate, if not i will pop over in the morning and kiss it better for you . :kiss: joking aside ,i hope your ok .

On her third call she came to the fist as usual and the next thing Bang!! she was hanging off my face :icon_eek:. this bird has never shown any aggresion before so I'm finding it a bit strange for a P/R bird which certainly wasn't under weight but always expect the unexpected hey....

At first I though she just made a mistake but nope she meant it as they're good proper Puncture holes from a proper Bind, a bit too close to my eye for my liking I must admit but at least I know what its like to be a Rabbit now :laugh:...

atb

Jasp

close call mate every 1 seems to for get that there birds av got some serious power thats includin me and me uncle fying a finnish male goss tame as a robbin yet last week same problem landid on his head and made is head bleed hes a cracking gosss i will try and get sum pics of him and put them on all the best mate horris :victory:

atb

Jasp

close call mate every 1 seems to for get that there birds av got some serious power thats includin me and me uncle fying a finnish male goss tame as a robbin yet last week same problem landid on his head and made is head bleed hes a cracking gosss i will try and get sum pics of him and put them on all the best mate horris :victory:

here you go horris ive done it for you

DSCF3948.jpg

DSCF4151.jpg

I can't beleive she did this to me as she's not that sort of bird! Usually the wifes more aggresive than her but for some unknown reason she done me over for no reason....

I was a few years back hit in the same eye by a Redtail but this one gave me a few stitches on the underside. the difference is the Redtail went all out to smash me up but the Gos let go as soon as I put my right hand up, One thing I can say about the Gos is it was on me in a flash where as the Redtail I saw coming but like a twat didn't move out of the way :doh:...

Its a strange one what happend but another lesson learned :thumbs:...

Cheers All

Jasper

Bloody hell Jasper,that was lucky it was not your eye. Bet your sore today. Are your tetaness jabs up to date? It just goes to show you never know what's around the corner. Take care ATB, N/S

Nice one NS :thumbs:

I think the last time I had a tetnus injection was when I fell off my motorbike at 17 mate :whistling:. The wife told me to go and get one last night just incase so it might be a good idea to get up there tomorrow, woke up this morning stuck to the pillow with a nice Shiner and looking a bit Gankey, mind you I normally wake up stuck to the sheets :wankerzo4: ! but thats a different story ;), Nothing like a Hawks tallon rammed into your eye socket covered in shit and chick blood though hey mate :laugh:....

There's got to be a explanation to this as this bird is a big softy, a mate sent me a email this morning which could be correct! he asked if any chick blood had squrted up on my face, come to think of it now she did pop a chick head which covered me :hmm:...

Jasper