Done In The Face

jasper65

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound silly, but it was nothing to do with the way you were dressed was it, bright colours or anything.....i mean you know its not wise to fly your bird looking like this........

Bigbird33.jpg

f*****g classic CC :clapper::clapper:. I tend to dress in Pink when I go out with the bird!! pink bag!! pink glove!! pink scarf :kiss:.

Spar said to me last night "it could be your grey hair" I laughed but come to think of it he could be right as I do look around the side of my head a bit like the arse of a grey suirrel :whistling:...

atb

Jasper

Took "Fanny" out today over the landfill for a hour or so with a couple of lads and she was a gem! unfortunatly she never caught anything and I have no pretty pictures so you'll have to take my word for it ;).....

Her second slip was on a Hen bird which for a real unfit Hawk she stuck too across the other side of the landfill crashing into cover but lost it, she was f****d up just as I was running like a lazy pig to retreive her :piggy: ! another lad took her over for the next flight and slipped her by accident at one of these pretty big ducks <Looked like Shell Duck at distance>. thankfully it plopped into cover along the lake before she connected...

I flew her again on a couple of Bunnies around the pits but all to close to cover which was unfortunate. thankfully all illnesses are gone now but she seems to be getting reacuring bouts of Coccidiosis! the teatment I have used in the past doesn't hit it hard enough but now she is on song and keen...

Finally finished her off with some fist work between the three of us to get some work into her and burn her up a bit and home, all in all a good crack, the bird behaved herslef and didn't hunt me :angel:! with some good company and a jar in the local on the way home :drink:...

what more could you want hey..

Jasper

Took "Fanny" out today over the landfill for a hour or so with a couple of lads and she was a gem! unfortunatly she never caught anything and I have no pretty pictures so you'll have to take my word for it ;).....

Her second slip was on a Hen bird which for a real unfit Hawk she stuck too across the other side of the landfill crashing into cover but lost it, she was f****d up just as I was running like a lazy pig to retreive her :piggy: ! another lad took her over for the next flight and slipped her by accident at one of these pretty big ducks <Looked like Shell Duck at distance>. thankfully it plopped into cover along the lake before she connected...

I flew her again on a couple of Bunnies around the pits but all to close to cover which was unfortunate. thankfully all illnesses are gone now but she seems to be getting reacuring bouts of Coccidiosis! the teatment I have used in the past doesn't hit it hard enough but now she is on song and keen...

Finally finished her off with some fist work between the three of us to get some work into her and burn her up a bit and home, all in all a good crack, the bird behaved herslef and didn't hunt me :angel:! with some good company and a jar in the local on the way home :drink:...

what more could you want hey..

Jasper

nice 1 mate and the best end to the day :drink:

Been out again all afternoon with her and still no kill!! the best flight was a good strong Cock bird which had the beating of her no problem, the other was a Teal off one of the pits which I thought for a split second was dead on the slip but she clipped a wing on a over hanging willow branch :doh:....

the best laugh of it all was Timmy was flying a Harrishawk :whistling::laugh:...

Jasper

Yeah, me too for that matter!!! Whats he doing flying a Red Crow for Tony???

Its the female off his breeding pair which he had from here about 5 years back!! a guy has offered him decent money for her but wants to see her flown, she came out today and was a sweetheart and don't squark like some Harris's I have seen :laugh:.....

shame really he is selling her as she is a nice sensible quiet bird.....

Jasper

Just a quick one to warn to be careful as even the nicest of birds can do you some damage.

Flew the Gos today as she has be pretty poorly lately but I took her out just to do some fist work with her, she was slow at first but finally recalled quickly at some short distances..

On her third call she came to the fist as usual and the next thing Bang!! she was hanging off my face :icon_eek:. this bird has never shown any aggresion before so I'm finding it a bit strange for a P/R bird which certainly wasn't under weight but always expect the unexpected hey....

At first I though she just made a mistake but nope she meant it as they're good proper Puncture holes from a proper Bind, a bit too close to my eye for my liking I must admit but at least I know what its like to be a Rabbit now :laugh:...

atb

Jasp

great to see it back on,hope it last's,without any b***ching :clapper: