badger badger badger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigredbusa

good shooting sir :)

not sure about eating them tho , just the smell of em makes me want to puke .

i would be intrested in a cured pelt if you get another one :)

when you skinned it did you do a full face skin ?

Not every badger will carry TB lads just the hand full they should be live caged traped and tested non reactors should be set free where traped...Over here in Ireland the D.O.A cull badgers by the skip load and i mean skip fulls.... set out there snares and check them badgers ar shot and then tested for what i dont know the f**k why as there not going to be set free there dead...

Nice Shooting mate.

I for one think the ban on shooting Badgers should be lifted, these animals are known carriers of Bovine TB these animals are a threat to our Cattle Farming trade, I have a number of shoots and they are all cattle and Sheep farmers. EVERY FARMER on my shoots want these animals culled, 1 in particular is overrun with them and curses the governments legislation.

Our farmers have it hard enough.

Bovine TB

Foot and Mouth

Blue Tongue

The list goes on and on.

We are not talking eradication, we are not talking killing for the sake of it, its about management of our Countryside,

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in the wrong forum or perhaps Bill Oddie has brainwashed you.

Love to get a reaction from those sitting on the fence, :wallbash:

well said :clapper: it's about time our farmers were allowed to protect their livestock. any cattle with tb are culled so as to control the disease but what use is that when there are wildlife vectors left to roam free. its not just a farming issue, tb is a welfare issue for the badgers aswell, the longer it is left the worse it will get and we'll eventually end up with a badger population over run with tb and almost extinct........

Edited by labsnlurchers
good shooting sir :)

not sure about eating them tho , just the smell of em makes me want to puke .

i would be intrested in a cured pelt if you get another one :)

when you skinned it did you do a full face skin ?

thank you

I just skinned it roughly, leaving the head complete, so the taxidermist can prepare the pelt similar to the way lions or bears are set up.. something like this, just as a badger:

e182_12.JPG

Good shooting mate. Is there alot over there then and are they eaten regular? I've heard they taste like having chicken and pork on your fork but are really fatty, even when skinning them you get covered.

we have a quite a lot of badgers here on the 700hectare I hunt on. especially when the corn is in the milk-ripe, badgers start messing up whole corn fields - they roll against the caulis and break it down. so farmers are glad when a badger is shot.

before eating them you have to have them checked for trichinae, same as before eating boar. badger isn't eaten that regularly as far as I know. Most people make a so called "dachsschinken" out of it, "dachs" is badger, "schinken" is ham or gammon(?).

I heard they taste like german heath sheep...