Sign in to follow this  
Kat

My Kestrel

Im bored :icon_redface: so thought id just post some pics of my kestrel as shes grown over the past 8 months.. we have her brother too.

ba6cb9a1.jpg

8e9ada71.jpg

92f70caa.jpg

64623b97.jpg

87d8ec42.jpg

31c58411.jpg

0ef273ad.jpg

in the 6th pic you can see the pattern comeing trough nice birds :)

gorjuss things

Edited by gilly-1993

Terrific pictures Kat.........lovely looking birds them..........you have put a lot of work into rearing them.

Stallion.

A really great series of photo's Kat,well done.....................Martin.

3lb+ for a harris at flying weight, :icon_eek: give me his number :whistling:

me too. hes pulling your leg mate. and yes peregrinxkestrel has been done but not very long lived. think an average of about 3 yrs max.

On another note them little kestrel's look cracker's Kat .. did you fly them to the lure over the season.. :victory: ..

Millet

Their season starts now really.. Dharma flys for the guests and Casper would be if he hadn't trashed his new tail lol I shall imp a new one on him soon tho and they'll both be fine

Guest bullterrier

great pictures and nice birds kat... :thumbs: ..john

I take it in the first pic, that on the tin-foil is what you're feeding them, what is it?

Its whole quail thats been minced in a mincer so theres a bit of feather and bone in it. The pieces are dipped in a drop of water to moisten them and dapped into a vitamin powder.

I think you need a thicker glove for that Kestrel Kat,it looks mean :victory::clapper:

PMSL Graham :tongue2: If I had to change glove each time I picked up a different bird throughout the day i'd never stop faffing about with gloves lol

Its my feeding glove anyway so all the birds whatever their species get fed on it :icon_redface: Joking aside though the only bird to really hurt me with a bite or a squeeze was a kestrel lol it was an evil little cow and met its end as it crashed into a farm shed... I didnt really feel any sympathy lol