• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BICK A BRICK UP . ITS COLDER THAN WOOD. :wallbash: YOUR A THIK FECKER ARNT YOU KING, LIKE I SAID PUT THE HEATER ON. ITS THAT SIMPLE. OR IS IT YOUR SIMPLE :yes:

no tomo you cheeky twat you are a thick fecker. who do you think you are telling me im a thick fecker its pricks like you that spoil every thread that is posted.

and you call me a thick fecker.and you write.. BICK A BRICK UP..what the feck does that mean :feck::feck::feck:

:icon_redface: BAD SPELLING :icon_redface: IM IAN IDIOT :laugh: SERRIOSLY (spelling) put a heater on or a heat lamp.

simple in it :clapper:

when the temperature goes down to 2c and below i put the heat lamp on. i was just stateing that a wood kennel is warmer than a brick or block kennel thats all i was saying and i said it because i believe it to be true.

there is no point calling people a thick fecker or calling people simple. the people you are calling a thick fecker just maybe less of a thick fecker than yourself tomo.

like i said mate go out side on a cold morning and pick up a brick then with the other hand pick up a piece of wood there will be hell of a difference.its common sense really brick or block is cold wood is warm

go outside and run ya hand down dogs back yal find a coat that keeps it warm before long we will be putting hot water bottles in and tucking em up in bed :icon_eek:

or i give in if you cant see common sense then carry on im only giving some advice a i bet you have got a block kennel have you??

I understand your point King, and I've thought the same at times. The block would be more durable for sure but its a very poor insulator. A wood insulated box type sleeping area would help. I guess it all comes down to what a person has available to work with, how much money and perhaps even more importantly... average temperatures in their area. Some places a block building might be a blessing to the dogs. ;)

had both types of kennels but prefer block rendered or painted to keep them water tight, solid very little maintenance and last a lifetime. I keep 2 dogs in there and even on the coldest nights there warm as toast from there body heat hardly ever use the heat lamp. dont post on here so often but its entertaining keep it up lads. :big_boss:

Mine are out in the garden in a standard kennel, no heating, bit of old carpet over the front to stop wind or rain getting in and they look a picture, it was -2 up here last night and they are in great form this morning.

Edited by Greengrass

i was sick of just hanging about to build me pens so i decided just to get of me arse and i ordered 80 blocks to be ordered for monday but today i have been putting the foundations and that in so its all ready to crack on with when the blocks come

cant wait till there finished . :doh:

i made these from 3x2 carcasse timber, i used 22mm shiplap cladding for out side, inside i used 50mm kingspan insulation, and covered that in marbrex cladding. siliconed the joints and its now easy to wipe down inside, and red hot, the runs i got from belgium, total cost came to about £1200....

19072007002.jpg