Carillion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its the subbys who will bear the brunt of this collapse ordinary working folks who have had the guts to go selfemployed will be fekin crucified like the poor fekers at city-link did 3 years ago.

Talk of the government getting the taxpayer to bail them out. We already bailed the bank's out and for the past decade we have had public services cut to the bare minimum and more cuts happen every we

Posted Images

10 hours ago, WILF said:

I was saying to a mate the other day, the big firms are little more than gangsters with the way they operate......in no other industry would the “just knock the sub contractor for that pile of invoices” be tolerated.

You can understand why when Germany had its building boom back years ago all the Dutch gangsters were involved......sticking guns in peoples faces etc.

What a way to conduct a modern major industry ! 

I've an old contract manager who works for me mate.. he worked for Midas for years, he has told me how if certain jobs were down the QS's would pick subbies to screw down, slow invoice payments down with bullshit of incomplete works or snags, you could be held for £100k invoice over a snag which was a few hours work.. then screwed to get paid and settle your final account... it's should be illegal...

as i said previously I avoid the faceless companies now, if I can't talk to the decision maker then I don't do their work... the other problem with the "big boys" is they drive the prices down, yes the building trade is very busy at the moment but there are a lot of busy fools...

I've talked to you a bit about business in general over the past few years mate, I enjoy it... but there needs to be a huge change in the way contracting is operated... personally a bit of diversification has done me the world of good... I'm not prepared to play the game anymore..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kev, I’m with you 100%, unless I know the address of the director then I tend not to wet a brush.

Ive been nailed to floor on prices then shafted on snags that wasn’t even snags (defective work). 

Once they know they’ll lose a lot more than you they soon learn to play fair. 

Just to add that any prat in brand new riggers and beige chinos gets some serious shit from me or the few lads that help me out. Uni quantity surveyors or contract managers tend to steer clear of the decorators on the few new build sites that we do. Lol

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, mattyg said:

Kev, I’m with you 100%, unless I know the address of the director then I tend not to wet a brush.

Ive been nailed to floor on prices then shafted on snags that wasn’t even snags (defective work). 

Once they know they’ll lose a lot more than you they soon learn to play fair. 

Just to add that any prat in brand new riggers and beige chinos gets some serious shit from me or the few lads that help me out. Uni quantity surveyors or contract managers tend to steer clear of the decorators on the few new build sites that we do. Lol

You know the score mate lol..