The Welsh Beware!

43 minutes ago, Francie said:

What was the point of this experiment?

Thousands probably millions wasted on a couple of f***ing sheep.

This was covered on my local news......

It was done as part of research into degenerative brain diseases. This experiment seems to confirm that sheep have facial recognition abilities similar to primates (us !), so if a sheep's abilities can be improved, that may lead to a human breakthrough......in a nutshell !

When I was a kid I used to help chaining cows for milking. Cow's that knew you were placid. I was asked to help at a neighbouring farm. Cow's were spooked by me and I got knocked out when a cow tossed its head in panic when I reached over its neck for its chain.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Francie said:

How mate, what process does it help, can they not use humans to figure out the problem of brain dicease?

I dont get it ?

Human experiments are very tightly controlled - experimentation is a no no !

It's about trying to find a breakthrough, using a 'simpler' brain than ours. It may be that a very basic treatment/surgery/gene therapy, whatever, can be developed  which can later be extrapolated to humans..........think of it as a first baby step, which might be able to be built on,  and lead to something much bigger ?........

......I think - and I've got no idea where I got "extrapolated" from, at this time of night !