Sharp Inova

The old Sharpe Innova. It would seem your one of a few that'll own one.

You might want to check out other social media streams for info on them, facebook and the like, they're obviously kinda vintage these days, even I was to young to own one. However, I have pumped one up, while being watch by a f'kin tree rat. And missed the little b*****d. Didnt want one after that :)

Lovely looking pneumatic rifles though. Wing some images up when you have it.

Yes that's why I haven't bought one before thought maybe the pumping would be a pain but a few lads have told me there handy to have the job I got in mind for it there won't be much rush for a shot anyway.

Don't use Facebook and there doesn't seem to be a lot of info about them on the net

• Like 1

I had an inova in the late 80's or early 90's. If I remember correctly the cylinder was reinforced and the relief valve(?) tampered with so it was powerful as f**k. It was a pian to pump but there was no recoil whatsoever and it weighed about a bag of sugar. The front sight isnt removable if I remember rightly but it was quiet as hell with no recoil.

I bagged quite a few bunnies and woodies with it

Only major thing to look for is if it holds air and the pump arm staying up. And around 100 for a clean one .... I bought an innovative last year and an ace this year. Good little guns for what they are far better than the Webley rebel and the puma innove which was a copy but had some plastic internals.

I have had a few over the years, shot tons of stuff with them, check the wood on the pump arm is not cracked (common fault) check the power as a lot were turned up above the limit, check the scope mounting rails are not chewed up, as people used to over tighten them, you can still get all the bits for them, and they are easy enough to strip, the problem with the innova was you could not pump the damn thing without pressing on the scope, which used to cause problems, not so with the Sharp ace, a real peach of a rifle, I would have another tomorrow if I could find a nice .177 one.

• 2 weeks later...

they can usually be adjusted at the threaded rod if the arm is dropping down, I am sure there will be tons of stuff on the net showing how to do it, they were a good accurate rifle, just a shame you cant pump them without holding the scope.

I don't hold the scope myself to pump it I just hold the grip and pump with the other hand. Cheers for info