right i dont do any cooking so complete beginner i want to roast a rabbit and need to know how to go about it gas mark the lot i aint got a clue well everyone needs to start somewere

dan

:clapper: its not that bad surley.ask the wife? :notworthy: i take it u know how to skin it. :blink: well once its cut up boil for 15 mins then get oven hot bout gas mark 8 then leave for 15 25 mins :victory:

can i ask 1 question why do you want to roast it?

best bet is making a nice stew with the rabbit.

1 large cooking pot with lid

take 1 rabbit cleaned an jointed

peel and slice 2-4 carrots depends if you like lots off veg or making for a few peeps

peel an dice 4 spuds or how many you think you will need when cooking for 2 i use 4 largish spuds

peel an roughly chop 1 large onion

place all in the large pan with the jointed rabbit an cover with water an place on a medium heat till it boils then let it simmer for 2-3 hours if you in no rush,

or if you have a slow cooker place all off it in there first thing am an eat it at tea time

roast it fella well nice skin give it a good wash in salt water..

rub in olive oil season with cracked pepper stuff the chest cavity with veg onions pepers corgette aubergine wrap in tin foil hot oven 180 fan noraml 200 20 mins check it deppends on size of rabbit like and if its cooked enjoy...

scran-1.jpg

stew are well nice to if you have slow cooker even better dice random veg spud, turnip, onion,carrots leeks celery what ever you want rabbit on the bone wack it in whole water stock cube cook on low over night all day when ever you want your scran like remove rabbit peel meat from bone chuck back in taste for seasoning add salt peper thicken up with a bit of corn flour or four mixed with water like a paste.. or gray granuals but if its watery will need loads and might get to salty..

stew009.jpg

dinner001.jpg

depend what you like i fire in a tin of toms and chick peas garlic herbs all that shite dead nice tho...

currys are well nice too

100_0455.jpg

100_0457.jpg

100_0466.jpg

that rabbit was bursed been dogged like but in the curry you would never tell was well nice..

Recently I have been doing it a bit different.

I've been taking a whole cleaned rabbit, boiling it in salty water for 30mins

Take it out the water, and strip all the meat from the bone by hand

It comes away easy, this way, in nice strips of meat.

Then use the meat in a stew, and cook in with the veg and stock for an hour or so.

Much more tender, and saves the hassel of deboning a raw rabbit.

Edited by Paid

boiling is ok in theroy but you loose all your falvor to the boiling water..

If you make a stew with it on the bone then peel prior to eating you have all the flavour of the rabbit in your stew and all the flavour from the bones.. boiling steaming is ok but roasting you get a better fuller flavour.. We eat roast beef not boiled , fried/grilled steak not poached..

it boils down to personal taste :laugh:

ace to see all the piks like that giro spot on all look yum!! always remember when we used to go to my uncles barbicues and would be a massive pot full of rabbit curry was ace .

never had many rabbits since iv started againe due to the lack of them on the land i have now but when i get some ill post some piks of what i do with them .

so did you give the rabbit a go then bigdan ?

roast it fella well nice skin give it a good wash in salt water..

rub in olive oil season with cracked pepper stuff the chest cavity with veg onions pepers corgette aubergine wrap in tin foil hot oven 180 fan noraml 200 20 mins check it deppends on size of rabbit like and if its cooked enjoy...

scran-1.jpg

stew are well nice to if you have slow cooker even better dice random veg spud, turnip, onion,carrots leeks celery what ever you want rabbit on the bone wack it in whole water stock cube cook on low over night all day when ever you want your scran like remove rabbit peel meat from bone chuck back in taste for seasoning add salt peper thicken up with a bit of corn flour or four mixed with water like a paste.. or gray granuals but if its watery will need loads and might get to salty..

stew009.jpg

dinner001.jpg

depend what you like i fire in a tin of toms and chick peas garlic herbs all that shite dead nice tho...

currys are well nice too

100_0455.jpg

100_0457.jpg

100_0466.jpg

that rabbit was bursed been dogged like but in the curry you would never tell was well nice..

feck me jamie giro feckin oliver nice work mate :clapper: