First Attempt

A good first effort but with all first efforts there is room for improvement

your snares seem a little overwound YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING TO LEAVE A I/4 INCH COLLAR AT THE EYE

your tealers need improving but they are no worse than any one elses first attempt

you need to practice shaping and tensioning your wires

But not to worry that snare you have shown will still catch and hold a rabbit with a sleight tweak to the noose

• Like 3

How many strands you spinning up to make them?

The loops on the Tealer need to be tight around the wire,where you make fig 4..if that makes sence ...also file the bit of metal down at the end where you put wire through,it will stop snare snagging.

All said though a good effort well done ?

Forming a loop and tensioning a snare is easy to do but very hard for me to explain , Trapworks made a video of doing it and a Geordie also shown how to do it on utube , Snareman describes the process in the pinned section of this Forum. The only advice I can give you is STRETCH OUT YOUR WIRE FROM THE EYE TO THE TEALER AND THEN RUB A PEG UP AND DOWN A FEW TIMES , this will straighten the wire and add a little tension then FORM A LOOP ABOUT 1 1/2 INCHES IN DIAMETER IN THE SHAPE YOU REQUIRE THEN MASSAGE AS SNAREMAN SHOWS AND INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE LOOP EACH TIME ROUND , if you are really stuck there is a man on facebook who does it by putting the wire around a paint tin , pulling it tight and turning it around the tin, not really recommended but any port in a storm .