It Could Of Been Bad

My Daughter and I took a few ferrets, the longnets and dogs out for a run, to a local spot, I’m always anxious when ferreting around barb wire
Another close call for Zip, this could have ended in disaster, fortunately she had no injuries except a couple of small wounds to her front knuckles. We did manage a few, I will post a full video once I edit it.
Had a wonderful day full of laughs, excitement, and a few hearts in mouth moments, wouldn’t be dead for quids. Whatever you are doing ENJOY Guy’s

• Like 6

good vid again, dog or dogs were lucky with the b/wire fence .I carnt work out , if the wire is in 3 strands with sheep netting , or just 3 strands of wire , either way them bloody loose fences like that are a nightmare like that, a dog better of with a rigid post and wire fence. as they know theys no give in them , so have to jump earlier , if you see what i mean. but if the fencing like that in Oz , well suppose not alot you can do . ive had my big dog Buck going flat out rabbits or what ever and he after ! , and he seems to just gauge it just right when flying over the top of them, mind you i had some near wallops with him when he was younger the mad bugger dont think he looked at fences only his quarry. :wallbash: think that bitch is young as well , from our last talk . :thumbs:

good vid again, dog or dogs were lucky with the b/wire fence .I carnt work out , if the wire is in 3 strands with sheep netting , or just 3 strands of wire , either way them bloody loose fences like that are a nightmare like that, a dog better of with a rigid post and wire fence. as they know theys no give in them , so have to jump earlier , if you see what i mean. but if the fencing like that in Oz , well suppose not alot you can do . ive had my big dog Buck going flat out rabbits or what ever and he after ! , and he seems to just gauge it just right when flying over the top of them, mind you i had some near wallops with him when he was younger the mad bugger dont think he looked at fences only his quarry. :wallbash: think that bitch is young as well , from our last talk . :thumbs:

She will be two in mid-November.

One strand of barb on top Ray and the rest are plain wire on that fence She catches more than she misses now, such a clever little dog. Trouble with that fence is it was an uphill jump on the way back, and she stumbled and rolled shortly before her attempt, the video doesnt show the slope that well.

As you know I try to encourage my dogs to go through or under but her keenness gets the better of her, NEVER seen her give up on a chase yet, getting better every month, love that little bitch. She ended up 21.5 tts

• Like 1

One strand of barb on top Ray and the rest are plain wire on that fence She catches more than she misses now, such a clever little dog. Trouble with that fence is it was an uphill jump on the way back, and she stumbled and rolled shortly before her attempt, the video doesnt show the slope that well.

As you know I try to encourage my dogs to go through or under but her keenness gets the better of her, NEVER seen her give up on a chase yet, getting better every month, love that little bitch. She ended up 21.5 tts

oh that's bit better then, if she and the pits, just try to go under the wires , and as you say top barbed wire so under better if they can , and you right she had to jump up/over the fence, yeh i could see that, she done well as you say. She lovely bitch 22-23in is nice size for rabbits and not bad on other things that pop up lol.Ihad lurcher x lurcher bitch , ive spoke about her before Bess, she looked like a brindle greyhound, she was prob 90% greyhound with bit of collie and whippet , 24 in and strong bitch, good in the day had few hares, and she took fox solo and plenty of rabbits. this was in the 80s yep some bitches can make great alround lurchers keep the vids coming :thumbs:

• Like 1

oh that's bit better then, if she and the pits, just try to go under the wires , and as you say top barbed wire so under better if they can , and you right she had to jump up/over the fence, yeh i could see that, she done well as you say. She lovely bitch 22-23in is nice size for rabbits and not bad on other things that pop up lol.Ihad lurcher x lurcher bitch , ive spoke about her before Bess, she looked like a brindle greyhound, she was prob 90% greyhound with bit of collie and whippet , 24 in and strong bitch, good in the day had few hares, and she took fox solo and plenty of rabbits. this was in the 80s yep some bitches can make great alround lurchers keep the vids coming :thumbs:

Will do going out to a nice spot in the morning, I will take the gopro :thumbs:

Will do going out to a nice spot in the morning, I will take the gopro :thumbs:

Here is a snap from today Ray will post video later Heaps of footage

ORdy9PB.jpg

• Like 2

Fukcing dirty stuff that barbed wire ... I've lost count of the amount of stitches I've stuck in dogs because of it ... I like to get my pups around the stuff as soon as I can now so they learn it's unforgiving nature .........

• Like 1

Sometimes,..when faced with a piece of rough woodland, razor wire or sharp rocks/concrete/builders rubble, etc,.I use the stop nets, as a protection against such things.

Obviously it makes sense to place your nets, in front of where you feel the bolter will run to,..but,on many occasions, that old length of extra netting can really save the day... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fukcing dirty stuff that barbed wire ... I've lost count of the amount of stitches I've stuck in dogs because of it ... I like to get my pups around the stuff as soon as I can now so they learn it's unforgiving nature .........

Me too mate, I work around it a lot, been lucky last couple of years, better than most. PS hows Tilly?

Sometimes,..when faced with a piece of rough woodland, razor wire or sharp rocks/concrete/builders rubble, etc,.I use the stop nets, as a protection against such things.

Obviously it makes sense to place your nets, in front of where you feel the bolter will run to,..but,on many occasions, that old length of extra netting can really save the day... :thumbs:

I year ya. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Me too mate, I work around it a lot, been lucky last couple of years, better than most. PS hows Tilly?

Getting there mate and she has handled everything I've thrown at her so far ......

• Like 1

Getting there mate and she has handled everything I've thrown at her so far ......

So happy to hear that :boogy: Will be good for Cloud too A.T.B mate

• Like 1