Wilf your a Londoner mate i dont expect all this bleed for me/whos got the most dirt under their fingernails caper from you :D .....the boy done good....he deserves the merits and all that brings.

It's not that at all mate, anyone who knows me knows they won't ever hear the "poor me" bollocks coming out of my chops.....you wipe your mouth and move along same as you won't hear the "proud to be poor" nonsense.

I didn't read it as anyone was trying to belittle the bloke or say his grief was any less because he had money......nor did anyone say he didn't deserve his wealth........I think they simply made the point (maybe not too clearly) that there are people out there dealing with the same with a lot less breathing room and that's also important to remember.

If you could see what a hard struggle it is for a bloke like him take a minute to think about the council estate girl with a couple of kids type thing.

I personally really like the bloke, he started his football the same place as me over Blackheath.........anyone who stood over there as a 10 year old freezing their bollocks off is right by me.

Only difference is, he made 20 million quid and I got bad knees ! Lol.

• Like 2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone see that Rio Ferdinand thing last night ?.....got some bollocks about him that boy you could feel the pain he was in.....ive heard folk talk about hard man this and tough guy that and i always

yeh watched it , good tv , yeh takes guts to put your self up public with wort's@all , he was lucky in some ways though , with some wealth ,and good friends him, some people arnt as lucky. i kno

I agree that dealing with the day to day stuff won't come into it like it would for some low income mum left alone, but I think you have to bet the grief is the same brother.

I have to say what a pleasure it is reading this thread. Different points of view are being aired but not an ounce of malice between the posters.

We are all affected by family tragedies in our lives, but the human spirit is as such that we do get over them in the end. It can take a long time but we usually get there in the end.

TC

That's nice of you to say mate, I think there are few proper chaps on this site who you can have an honest (and sometimes heated) conversation with and still be polite.......I suppose it's a kind of mutual respect thing as much as you can have for a person you have never met except to read their musings on a computer screen.

• Like 5

That's nice of you to say mate, I think there are few proper chaps on this site who you can have an honest (and sometimes heated) conversation with and still be polite.......I suppose it's a kind of mutual respect thing as much as you can have for a person you have never met except to read their musings on a computer screen.

I've met a few lads off here, and in general they are decent people... some I consider good mates now...

I think over a couple of years you can get a good feel of people by what they type on here, few lads I'd be happy to sit and have a yarn with in real life....

• Like 2

I've met a few lads off here, and in general they are decent people... some I consider good mates now...

I think over a couple of years you can get a good feel of people by what they type on here, few lads I'd be happy to sit and have a yarn with in real life....

Yeah, you never got the treat of my handsome looks just the pleasure of my posh accent on the phone ! Lol

• Like 1

Yeah, you never got the treat of my handsome looks just the pleasure of my posh accent on the phone ! Lol

A voice of a man that lives his life in tweed!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wilf your a Londoner mate i dont expect all this bleed for me/whos got the most dirt under their fingernails caper from you :D .....the boy done good....he deserves the merits and all that brings.

It's not that at all mate, anyone who knows me knows they won't ever hear the "poor me" bollocks coming out of my chops.....you wipe your mouth and move along same as you won't hear the "proud to be poor" nonsense.

I didn't read it as anyone was trying to belittle the bloke or say his grief was any less because he had money......nor did anyone say he didn't deserve his wealth........I think they simply made the point (maybe not too clearly) that there are people out there dealing with the same with a lot less breathing room and that's also important to remember.

If you could see what a hard struggle it is for a bloke like him take a minute to think about the council estate girl with a couple of kids type thing.

I personally really like the bloke, he started his football the same place as me over Blackheath.........anyone who stood over there as a 10 year old freezing their bollocks off is right by me.

Only difference is, he made 20 million quid and I got bad knees ! Lol.

Maybe im just reading it wrong i just cant see what relevance the girl on the estate is to Rio Ferdinand....when i watched that program i didnt see a Rangey,dough or a nice gaff i just saw a raw emotionally stripped down man who i felt so much compassion for ok i guess some things hit a certain note in our own lives that emphasise things more.....i dont know perhaps im being a big soft tart about it i just feel like defending the boy and cant see why comparisons need to be made at all really....but never mind.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I didn't see the programme on tv but of it read it in the paper. It reminded me of my own family situation. My father was widowed at 31 years of age with 2 kids aged 11 and 9. For sure, we had absolutely no money but we did have have community. The equally skint neighbours looked out for us kids while our father worked all hours. I'm near 50 now and my father is elderly. He still looks out for me, I now look out for him, the neighbours, the neighbours kids and their grandkids. Of course grief is grief and money may make things easier...but good friends/neighbours sometimes mean more.

• Like 4

thats true mate,i havent seen the programme yet,but family tragedy s are terrible,especially when young kids are involved,totally heartbreaking .but one thing which helps in not worring about money,atleast you can take your kids to school,on a break,out for a meal etc without the stress of getting in debt.