Got My Hands Full Now Lads

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hear you go Barry ...   gives you some incite as to what she is going to be like mate   still a ways to go on the stock few more coats of oil and a buff with the rubbing compound then the bee,s w

few more SORRY LADS BUT ITS SO BARRY CAN SEE HOW ITS GOING   AND FOR THE LADS THAT ARE INTERESTED   ATVBJIMMY :thumbs:

Well thats no1 done   she is ready to be picked up Barry   Iv got to go back to work for two hours   but any time after 6 is ok by me mate   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

Posted Images

I just looked on ebay and there's bsa cadet stocks on there. Nice gesture doing it up for a youngster my mate had one as a kid lovely old classic. My 85 had a tiny split in it I opened it up a touch and filled it with wood glue and clamped it and now it's solid as a rock.

Whereabouts are you? I got some old air rifles off my dad and I think there's a tornado that you could have for spares or even restore (it's not as bad as the one your doing.) I'm in Derby and if you or somebody for you can collect it your welcome to it, Stu.

• Like 3

Whereabouts are you? I got some old air rifles off my dad and I think there's a tornado that you could have for spares or even restore (it's not as bad as the one your doing.) I'm in Derby and if you or somebody for you can collect it your welcome to it, Stu.

Top man

All the best

Ill see if one of my sons is passing as they work all over the country

Thank you so much for the offer Stu

ill get back to you on this as i live in northumberland and it a good drive

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No problem mate, I'm sure there are a couple more that you can have. I've been wondering what to do with them and if somebody like you is prepared to restore them and more importantly share the process with everyone I'm more than happy to let you have them. I'll see what there is and get back to you.

• Like 5

No problem mate, I'm sure there are a couple more that you can have. I've been wondering what to do with them and if somebody like you is prepared to restore them and more importantly share the process with everyone I'm more than happy to let you have them. I'll see what there is and get back to you.

Thank you so much bud

ill see if i can get some thing sorted .

Nelly iv taken the day off mate been stuck to the settee since we came back from the range

my legs are getting worse bud , and i feel like shit lol

Well could not get to sleep (MAN FLU LOL)

SO SET ABOUT CLEANING THE 35,S PISTON UP DE,GREASED IT AND A LITTLE POLISH WITH G3 RUBBING COMPOUND

looks like its never been out of the rifle since it was put in when new lol

a few imperfections on the piston IE,,nicks in the steel so ill put her in the drill tomorrow and set about getting them out

i even polished the top hat up .

I will do the chamber tomorrow as well as what ever did the marks on the piston must be in side the chamber so ill polish them out to .

BARRY you can have the air sporter back lol

ILL KEEP THE HW35 :laugh:;)

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A RIFLE :yes:

I put the first coat of oil on the tornado stock as well tonight

just a plane stock with a little bit of fleck running through her

SORRY THE PICS DID NOT GO IN THE RIGHT ORDER

SO BOTTOM TO TOP LADS

post-63400-0-82082300-1488165659.jpg

post-63400-0-49036300-1488165668.jpg

post-63400-0-66993500-1488165676.jpg

post-63400-0-34875500-1488165686.jpg

post-63400-0-92582200-1488165695.jpg

• Like 1

Cleaned the chamber out and the barrel on the 35

the chamber was not that bad gave it a good rub with 400 wet and dry then a quick polish with the g3 and a clean with some 3in1 oil then dry,d it out with an old rag .

then set about the barrel ,feck did it need cleaned made a pull through with some old cat gut and pulled through with cut up old rags ,

but now she is clean and ready to be put back together once the kit gets hear tomorrow

Cleaned the trigger blade as well as it was looking old and tired so gave her a quick clean with some wet and dry

going to set about the piston next and get her sorted

then its back to the stock

post-63400-0-93142400-1488199961.jpg

post-63400-0-13523400-1488199972.jpg

post-63400-0-78659100-1488199983.jpg

post-63400-0-49563200-1488199992.jpg

• Like 2

The bsa cadet 177

Im p*ssed off why do some people even bother

the state of the spring and the piston seal is a disgrace

some one has try,d at some point to remove the seal with what looks like a chisel

they have even bent the top of the piston when they have try,d to remove the seal

and they have butchered the spring

they have hit the top of the piston that hard they have flat-end the seal holder over the seal that much you can not remove the seal i had to cut it off and ther was only half a plastic washer in it

so i now need a piston and seal

rubbed out all the rust but there is some bad pitting on the chamber and barrel

and to top it off the blueing will not take to them so this one may get the paint treatment

post-63400-0-21615100-1488213419.jpg

post-63400-0-36439000-1488213431_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-33607500-1488213444_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-84503500-1488213456.jpg

post-63400-0-65674700-1488213469.jpg

post-63400-0-68601100-1488213484.jpg