1St Fox

Shot my 1st Fox last night. Didn't feel good at all.

It came in from the right about 110yds out. I was standing in full view with my quad sticks and a huge T67 on top of my Anschutz 1417 shooting .22 Win subs. When it was directly in front of me he turned left and was going away. I gave a weak squeak with my lips (I'm not a good lip squeaker) and he turned and looked but carried on going away. I put more effort in with a sustained squeak and he turned and came toward me at a lope rather than a run or a walk. I was amazed because he looked like he was in full daylight and was looking straight at me all the time. When I judged him to be around 35-40yds away I dropped him with a shot between the eyes. To make absolutely sure I gave him another at point blank range.

As much as I didn't like doing it, I entered into a contract with the farmer who also raises pheasants and ducklings to shoot any Foxes that I came across as part of my rabbit shooting permission.

Total agree with both above , yove got to do what is needed

Why weren't you happy , .22 or just the fox ?

Atb

Dave

Hi Dave. Basically I'm an animal lover but I'm also a realist and I'm not a hypocrite. I eat meat and I'm prepared to go out and do the hunter gatherer thing. I enjoy working out what's to be done to put the quarry in the bag in surroundings that I can't afford. I justify killing rabbits because of the damage they do and I have five dogs to feed so they never go to waste.

I know what f**ckers foxes can be and the damage they can do. A Fox in the young Pheasant pens would be disastrous. On the farm I appreciate the efforts the farmer puts in to get a rough shoot together and I'll help him wherever I can. .I don't shoot them on my other perms because I'm not asked to do so plus they're's no livestock to worry about.

I was quite happy to use the .22 even with subs. I did have a clip of mini-mags but I didn't have time to switch. Just a case of waiting for him to get close enough.

• Like 1

You must be local to me? I get regular calls for fox, there seems to be an abundance at the moment on farms in Medway and the surrounding area.

Yes Dave. I'm in Gillingham. I do see them pretty much every time I go out.

• 2 months later...