"A woman, a dog, a walnut tree,

the more you beat them, the better they'll be."

Not giving out advice here, LOL, it's an old rhyme. They used to say you should thrash a walnut tree for a better crop next year.

If you're finding nut's on the ground then they should be ready for cracking and eating. Some folk even put them in salads.

Never liked the look of the pickled ones myself.

I need a walnut tree sapling to put in local round here.

Put in a few apple and pear trees now, want a damson and a walnut next. Just plant em in the corners of hedgerows, or on the edges of woods, the little specks that never get touched and in a few years, every walk will yeald something nice and not just for me but my daughter and future generations. ;)

"A woman, a dog, a walnut tree,

the more you beat them, the better they'll be."

Not giving out advice here, LOL, it's an old rhyme. They used to say you should thrash a walnut tree for a better crop next year.

If you're finding nut's on the ground then they should be ready for cracking and eating. Some folk even put them in salads.

Never liked the look of the pickled ones myself.

have you ever came across a walnut tree over here neil

I was shown a few years ago by my father Larry ,but can't remember where.

• Like 1

Put in a few apple and pear trees now, want a damson and a walnut next. Just plant em in the corners of hedgerows, or on the edges of woods, the little specks that never get touched and in a few years, every walk will yeald something nice and not just for me but my daughter and future generations. ;)

I really admire you commitment to the planting of trees. :thumbs:

TC

• Like 1

I can get the damson but the walnut I'd have to pay for ;)

I have about a dozen walnut trees on the go waiting to be big enough to plant, have been planting a few round the farm for probably close to 30 years, along with Apple, pear, plum, cherry, also been doing the obligatory ash and oak, just keep putting them in hedgerows, corners of fields, edges of spinneys and round the ponds, I love trees and feel the need to replace some of what we have taken over the years.

Some of them are looking good, and it really changes the skyline having a few mature trees about the place, not to mention the benefits for the wildlife and associated shooting.

• Like 3

I'd happily pay for both if you could point me in the right direction mate.

I have about a dozen walnut trees on the go waiting to be big enough to plant, have been planting a few round the farm for probably close to 30 years, along with Apple, pear, plum, cherry, also been doing the obligatory ash and oak, just keep putting them in hedgerows, corners of fields, edges of spinneys and round the ponds, I love trees and feel the need to replace some of what we have taken over the years.

Some of them are looking good, and it really changes the skyline having a few mature trees about the place, not to mention the benefits for the wildlife and associated shooting.

Fantastic stuff Rabid, gives a huge ammount of satisfaction planting trees, especially when the bear fruit and though we wont see the best of them, its good to know others will.

I'd happily pay for both if you could point me in the right direction mate.
When the leaves are off I'll sort it mate, won't be long now and we'll be digging them up again.
  • Like 1