• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd submitted a post on this thread and was waiting for approval, but it hasn't appeared.   If I was starting with two birds and wanted to establish a line of 'peas-in-a-pod' poultry, I wo

Keep it simple weń outxing go back to birds with similiar Linus in the back of them , also weń stock bred right thy usually influencethe out come , bred back to the established linę . One just needs

It's a hard question to answer in short on a forum such as this . There's books you can get that explain tried and tested methods by good men .

My uncle bred pigeons his whole life and only started with 2 and never used an blood from outside, my cousin still has the line I believe

Never bred a performance bird in my life i was just thinking in terms of dogs.......i guess its different with birds.....fascinating :thumbs:

joking apart u must bring in new blood into the line as no line is perfect and later on faults are just reproduce bigger

then u use same way bred uncles aunties then u have your line to inbreed just u bring in new blood as needed

Thanks for that , iv bread my minocars that I got given , I bought a cock in , so I can put the cock to the 2 hens I keeped back and and one of the cock chicks to the existing hens ? Then what sud I do the yera after ? Thanks

Thanks for that , iv bread my minocars that I got given , I bought a cock in , so I can put the cock to the 2 hens I keeped back and and one of the cock chicks to the existing hens ? Then what sud I do the yera after ? Thanks

keep good records and use rings to know wats off wat just use what u have bred , with canary u can run 1 ck with 3 hens

then ur set to use the offspring, pair best to best, and keep good records any gd stockman can look at his book an tell u whos who an wat way bred ,,,hope this helps