Rabbit Trapping

Whats the easiest way to catch live rabbits at this time of year, i would of went with ferreting but to many young ones, i have a cage trap but not had any luck with it! :hmm:

Thanks in advance :yes:

what do you mean by burrow trapping ( fenns down the holes? ) excuse my ignorance cheers aidy

:yes::thumbs:

Fenn Mk6's, Imbras & Jubys.

Often known as 'block' trapping, you can block up the holes you aren't trapping to help increase the chances of the burrows with traps in them being used.

One of my future films :thumbs:

Why do you wan't to live catch? :hmm:

Choices are limited at this time of year. Cages work OK, but personally, I'd be burrow trapping :yes:

Even with burrow (Block trapping) at this time of year you got to take the rabbit out the trap and its underside is covered in fly eggs . Maybe thats why he wants to cage trap ?.

• Like 1

Choices are limited at this time of year. Cages work OK, but personally, I'd be burrow trapping :yes:

Even with burrow (Block trapping) at this time of year you got to take the rabbit out the trap and its underside is covered in fly eggs . Maybe thats why he wants to cage trap ?.

Good point :thumbs:

100% right

• 2 weeks later...

i often wondered if a drop box could be used in the middle of a area where rabbits feed and around warrens..basically i noticed how rabbits play this time of year.i thought just leave the tunnel exposed above ground let them skip and play in and around tunnel then set the trap to catch..a few carrots.. it might be a good for pickin up a few without relying on funneling them and fencing... i expect chaps have done this somewhere or had a go.

thats the trouble with killing animals for carcass this time of year heat and flys.. even though live catching can be more work its nice to see the rabbit is healthy or not milky before you bag it for the pot.

snaring will catch a lot alive if set correct in clear runs you just gotta beat the early corvids.

• 4 weeks later...