Boar Hunting

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

Hello

Im at the campsite near the hunting grounds. Yesterday I met the landowner and after filling my belly with tasty local tapas and lager we went in his car to the land, for a wander about.

The land rises up from an irrigated arable strip into wild desert scrub land, low hills, with scrub bushes like rosemary, a dwarf oak with leaves like small holly leaves and tiny acorns which the boar love and hardy grasses ... scattered over the land are small pockets of pine woodland, and one of these, at the top of a small valley is a fresh water spring, which acts like an oasis and all the local boar use this area heavily, many trees were rubbing posts that have seen decades of use. The time of day was the worst, 2pm, very hot, he wanted to go later to see more wildlife, but i was shattered so wanted to get done and set up at the campsite..anyway we saw true wild red legged partridge, lovely to see them thriving in their natural habitat. Lunar, my drahthaar was off lead, and she soon hit a line and was away oops lol, so I turned the midge loose and within a minute or so hunting through the pine they caught a fox and killed it in the spring bottom, we all got covered in thick mud/boar shit and smelt pretty bad but the landowner was impressed, one fox less to harass the partridge. The land has rabbits, and the odd hare too. Ibex have recently moved into the area.

There is a population of roe that are excellent quality judging by the 'average' buck we saw, and he wants us NOT to slip on these as he has stalking clients, and takes his deer management very seriously.

I discussed the hunting days in great detail, and he said he will let me know price within the week.

Everyone attending will need to pay 30/40 euro for a hunting permit, which I will sort out later in the year.

The drive down was awesome, especially through the pyrenees, as the tunnel I usually take was closed so this time a more scenic route was taken... breath taking views, and then down into the desert. When I first saw the land, it looked so arid it was hard to believe water loving animals like pigs were there at all, but they certainly are, I have no doubts that we will all have an exciting hunting adventure at this venue.

Oh yeah, I forgot to take my camera out yesterday, sorry folks.

Speak soon

DnN

• Like 3

Yeah Mushroom, its hot, Im heading to the coast today! Best by the water, hoy the lobster pot in, jobs a good'n

Dates... I think we can choose our dates for early November. Thanks Tyla. Should we say first week of Nov? Or does anyone have preferences?

DnN

• Like 2

Yeah Mushroom, its hot, Im heading to the coast today! Best by the water, hoy the lobster pot in, jobs a good'n

Dates... I think we can choose our dates for early November. Thanks Tyla. Should we say first week of Nov? Or does anyone have preferences?

DnN

Bloody 34 here today, finish work then I'm off to the beach lol

Can you pm me the area we are hunting please mate :thumbs:

DnN

First week of NOV please

• Like 1

Good luck to all going, I haven't hunted pigs, I know some of you have.

I know your not using any guns, but wouldn't at least one shotgun be useful if god forbid you need to put a badly injured dog down?

I am looking forward to your posts and pics post hunt...... My car sick whippet puppy wouldn't be much use......

• Like 1