Photo
- - - - -

Alano's Do They Still Use Them To Hunt ?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 keepdiggin

keepdiggin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:38 pm

I'd choose a performance American bulldog over both.

• fiediugskat likes this

#17 Blackdog92

Blackdog92

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:31 pm

I don't think you can even get hold of dogos here in the uk because there in the dangerous dog act I've seen them abroad though. Are alanos in the same category? I would love to see some in the flesh.

#18 Blackdog92

Blackdog92

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:53 pm

I don't think you can even get hold of dogos here in the uk because there in the dangerous dog act I've seen them abroad though. Are alanos in the same category? I would love to see some in the flesh.

#19 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,600 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:33 pm

no not as yet, there not on the d/d list, but  they prob get in the wrong hands like the pits did, and end up on there .?

#20 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:20 pm

no not as yet, there not on the d/d list, but  they prob get in the wrong hands like the pits did, and end up on there .?

Your wrong there ray .....

Section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 prohibits four types of dog:
1. Pit Bull Terrier
2. Japanese Tosa
3. Dogo Argentino
4. Fila Brasileiro
It is an offence to own or keep any of these types of dog. In addition, it is an offence to breed from, sell or exchange (even as a gift) such a dog.
  • keepdiggin likes this

#21 keepdiggin

keepdiggin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:08 pm

might be banned but as easy to get as any breed.

#22 keepdiggin

keepdiggin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:09 pm

Are you sure the Dogo killed the boars and not just held them till the hunter got the spear\gun out?

#23 Kye

Kye

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:23 am

No way a DOGO killed any decent sized pig, let alone 178!,…done be f***ing daft,…like i said, a good Bull dog will wipe the floor at catching/holding game.

#24 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,600 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:26 am

No way a DOGO killed any decent sized pig, let alone 178!,…done be f*****g daft,…like i said, a good Bull dog will wipe the floor at catching/holding game.

and the

No way a DOGO killed any decent sized pig, let alone 178!,…done be f*****g daft,…like i said, a good Bull dog will wipe the floor at catching/holding game.

and the alano's  would be simlar to bulldogs + xs  with size  drive , seen few vids of them  and at 80 odd lb  there still plenty big enough to hold a big boar .Don't forget the Alano  as hell of a very strong jaw, bred for 1000's years for holding+ controlling bulls, touch more heavier than even a good boar  lol 

#25 Kye

Kye

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:32 pm

thats awesome, but I've seen bulldogs that have held 1000s!…it is easier, cheaper to fond a good bulldog, and they would be my choice as a holding dog for pigs, not saying the ALANO can't or won't do,...

#26 C556

C556

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:06 am

Is the Alano not a modern recreation?

#27 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,600 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:17 am

Is the Alano not a modern recreation?

no , its a very old breed still used in Spain for hunting boars and controlling bulls and wild cattle. There still breeders out there got very good dogs, but not to say few modern type breeders wouldn't have messed around with pits  etc with them.As they do with other breeds today, they had touch of pit when really there was no need with some breeds. A old Spanish breeder said that on a vid I watched not so long back , a well bred+proper Alano  wont have pit or any other breed  in it today .

#28 tinytiger

tinytiger

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:01 am

Hows it going Bird,,is an alano and a Spanish mastiff the same thing?Theres a pub I drink in now and again that has one out the back(very big dog-I thought it was an owchartka but he said it was a Spanish mastiff)

#29 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,600 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:26 pm

Hows it going Bird,,is an alano and a Spanish mastiff the same thing?Theres a pub I drink in now and again that has one out the back(very big dog-I thought it was an owchartka but he said it was a Spanish mastiff)

was this it  ? this is a Spanish mastiff,.!!  some people call a Alano Spanish bulldog. the s/m are massive dogs  28-30in 160lb  the Alano a lot smaller 25in 80 odd lb   with very powerful jaw, prob more than the s/m  as

330PX-1_zpsfdce3394.jpg

#30 tinytiger

tinytiger

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:43 pm

Hes a lot like that dog Bird-very quiet dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users