Lampin,or Tecno.

Hi guys,just wanted to share my forts with you,went out wed night rattin at one of our perms.now i am a lamp man,i spot with me monocular'lamp on,bring it down and bobs your uncle'lucky rat or unlucky rat.well this time i used the ns200,that Davey and si so kindly lent me to use.WOW what a bit of kit this is,cristal clear,easy on the 50yr old eye(lol),took 2mins to set up'and i was off,the only thing that I found was the wise old rats could sense me as soon as i switched the unit on,back lit me a bit to much,yes i no you can get a filter i no things move on,but i will use my lamp OVER the night sight,i didn't find it very challenging shooting the night sight,ime a cave man i no,but give me the LAMP ALWAYS.regards Chaz.ps lads proper shooting,or lazy shooting,and i am not talking about dedicated NV,totally different.??is the future of night shooting having a plasma tv'on top of the gun,is it KILLING THE SKILL OF SHOOTING ON THE LAMP.what do you guys think.cheers.

Hate the T.V Types of shooting, Prefer proper NV that's just like a scope, Started with a starlight mounted to My SLR in the 80's :yes:

And i now use a Pulsar N550 atop My HW100 KT .22,Perfect for My needs with an Air Rifle.

Lamps are still perfect for ratting, But for Me Rabbit and feral clearing i prefer NV.

atvb Daz 7.

• Like 2

Those strap on TV cameras are not conducive to good shooting technique - just like using a screen on a camera promotes poor camera technique. Holding a camera out at half arms length and wobbling it about.....yes you can get some good pictures but to get REGULAR good pictures you will find people using a proper viewfinder.

Shooting is very similar - head off the stock wobbling the cross around, like some Nintendo game control, is not my idea of good shooting technique, regardless of what results you get. You won't get the satisfaction of swinging on to a running rat and nailing it as it nips across the yard. I am in the "proper scope type" camp:

DSCN2061_zps3acecfe9.jpg

NV06_zps5791b80b.jpg

• Like 3

if you have X amount of rats that NEED shooting go with the best/ fastest tool for the job! okay true it takes the skill out of it for sure, but you get results!

if your like me tho and don't need to kill miliions , and just want 2-3 rabbits for a stew then a lamp is fine and very rewarding to shoot well.!

I cant lamp for toffee, but I get the odd few. :thumbs:

if I had a problem that needed controlling I would use anything I could to get the job done :yes:

• Like 1