Just a few pics of this years mules,mainly goldies but a few linnets as well,these all hatched this week and there's been a few more since these pics were took last week,WM

goldies

this hen is banging the food into them all day

I'll take a few more pics this week as there's been quite a few hatched this week,lost a hen sitting mule eggs yesterday but had a hen sitting clear eggs,so she is on them now,WM

• Like 5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a few pics of this years mules,mainly goldies but a few linnets as well,these all hatched this week and there's been a few more since these pics were took last week,WM   goldies   this hen

If you don't ask you won't know bud and you don't have to feel any question is stupid in this section,were all here to learn and share what we know . .

A few updated pics,the goldie mules are all together now to moult out and the last of the eggs,4 goldie mules hatched on thursday and so thats it now,31 goldie mules and 9 linnet mules,not bad for the

If you don't ask you won't know bud and you don't have to feel any question is stupid in this section,were all here to learn and share what we know :victory: . .

thanks fireman your a real gent , can i pickle your head once more :icon_redface:

i have a pair of canarys feeding two young about 8/9 days old

i have noticed the hen not at her best of late ,so i come home from fishing yesterday evening to find her in the corner of the cage puffed up and poorly looking

kids say shes been there most of the day ,cock bird not near the nest either ,checked the chicks and they were fairly cold with empty crops ,panic sets in :icon_redface:

so rightly or wrongly i place them with a nest of zebra young of a similar age ,peeked in this morning and they are still alive although their crops dont look filled !! any tips

If you don't ask you won't know bud and you don't have to feel any question is stupid in this section,were all here to learn and share what we know :victory: . .

thanks fireman your a real gent , can i pickle your head once more :icon_redface:

i have a pair of canarys feeding two young about 8/9 days old

i have noticed the hen not at her best of late ,so i come home from fishing yesterday evening to find her in the corner of the cage puffed up and poorly looking

kids say shes been there most of the day ,cock bird not near the nest either ,checked the chicks and they were fairly cold with empty crops ,panic sets in :icon_redface:

so rightly or wrongly i place them with a nest of zebra young of a similar age ,peeked in this morning and they are still alive although their crops dont look filled !! any tips

how did you get on ramblers ?

:icon_redface::icon_redface: Bloody hell mate sorry for not replying for some reason i didn't see you'd asked for help there and good man Millet for the link :victory: .How are they and the hen doing?.

no worries mate :thumbs: they were in with the zebras for 3 days then they kept falling/getting kicked out of the basket , as the canary hen seemed a bit better i popped them back in with her , she and the cock began feeding right away :yes: being doing so since :boogy: so fingers crossed

• Like 3

:icon_redface::icon_redface: Bloody hell mate sorry for not replying for some reason i didn't see you'd asked for help there and good man Millet for the link :victory: .How are they and the hen doing?.

no worries mate :thumbs: they were in with the zebras for 3 days then they kept falling/getting kicked out of the basket , as the canary hen seemed a bit better i popped them back in with her , she and the cock began feeding right away :yes: being doing so since :boogy: so fingers crossed

x,d for you bud :thumbs:

Nice mate.Is that a Gloster Hen?

Sorry my reply is so late mate,been a busy boy of late,No mate I don't keep any gloster's,just fifes and a couple of diamorphics,I find the fifes are great little birds for muling but the diamorphics are a bit hit and miss and will be going at the end of the season,atb,WM