wellies or boots

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll get decent wellies for £70, you won't get decent boots for that money IMO.

What would you suggest at the moment I wear a cheap pair of hiking boots but sick of going out lamping and ending up with wet feet

I'm wearing Dunlop Purofort at the moment (farming in the day, lamping at night), the one with the red fish in the sole. but, they've split where the sole meets the upper so they're not perfect either. I'm still waiting to find something that'll last me.

If any manufacturers wish to send me samples for testing.......... lol.............

I think it will be muck boots just looking into prices

Dont Buy On PRICE ....you'll go through 5 s***t boots/wellies before 1 good Quality Item .....Save the Extra .Buy Quality ...Save on the long run :yes:

Good pair of Lundhags ,made for Wet & cold conditions high leg as well..well worth the Extra expence

I prefer a good pair of boots but i cant remember the last time it stopped raining here ive four pairs drying at the radiator at the minute but as long as my feet start out dry that's the main thing i lifted two pairs to get a name on them and all i can see is a 100% waterproof tags :laugh: :laugh:

That's the disadvantage with boots, they nearly always get swamped at some stage or another and take forever to dry (if you don't want to damage them). Wellies on the other hand, unless you fall in a bog hole you're good to go night after night, can even repair them with stuff like StormSure if they do crack.

Just been looking at the Le Chameau Country Vibram. Seem a reasonable wellington at £85 for walking the dogs in etc. For serious stuff I will always favour a decent hunting boot. For everyday use a pair of wellys are a lot more practical and less hassle to look after.

http://www.lechameau.co.uk/index.php?p=productdetail&pid=310&gender=neutral&category=2&prodname=Country+Vibram

Edited by Born Hunter