Take heed, read and learn.....

No, no no Miles this is just a prick in a disguise showing you how to be bloody obstructive. I will NOT subscribe to the views of a man who is so sure of his rights of free speech and expression, he has to disguise himself. Nor should anyone else, especially an intelligent man like yourself.

You clearly have issues with authority, as I have in defence of a man I respect here. We seem, however to have different motives.

For one thing, I do not regard the Police as Der Gestapo..and this is not Europe 1942.

I and many here do not need instruction on how to deal with the police; because we do not break the law and bring them on us in the first place. Marksman did what he did in perfect innocence and this is what happened.

I respect you as a man and fellow shooter Miles very highly indeed and I find your posts and threads very informative.

But I will not have you or anyone post provoking, anti-social anarchistic crap like this wanker's bloody pantomime comedy anarchist routine.

Do you really think this will do any of us any favours?

Start again.

Respectfully yours.

Simon

• Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy guys...   Those of you that know me personally will know that I'm truly above board with everything to do with airgunning, sharing my advice when I can etc and would never do things deliberate

And so this thread rambles on....   Well considering, about 10 years ago, a certain police firearms officer up this way, got himself sent down for pocketing about £30,000 cash fiddled from the FAC/S

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a

honest mistake could happen to anyone im in a similar situation in having been the other day and purchased a air arms tx200 and have to wait to go up permission to take it out as nowa days u are treat like a pariah if u go out the door with an air rifle even in a case this country has become such a joke its virgin on been unbelievable hope it doesnt put you off your hobby mate atb.

Richard. Why else would you go out with your encased rifle, if not to take it to your permission? Common sense you know mate! Somebody clearly saw Darryl and this guy doing an exchange of what clearly appeared as firearms in a public car park. Maybe one or more guns were uncased, or removed from their cases. Whatever, it was seen and someone a bit on the paranoid side hit the panic button.

And brought the cavalry to Darryl's door.

Moral of this story.

Do not take your rifle, cased or not, to anywhere where the untutored public will see it and panic.

Keep it to Home and Permission only. We may not like being so restricted but, that's how it is, and we must understand this if we want a quiet life with our guns

Regards.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 2

I honestly and truly believe that by following the advice in that video Darryl and legions of others would not have suffered to the extent they have done. So potentially yes, i do think it could "do favours".

I respect this man who guards his privacy and make no judgement on him or the advice he gives based upon his appearance. I respect him for the research he has done and the wisdom he shares.

The respect you say you have for me is mutual Simon. Even if this were our first exchange, I would still say that evidently we differ and are divided on our opinions and ideas. I accept and honour that. It aids diversity and invites discussion. Both of which i am open to.

I urge you not to dismiss what the video advises out of hand if it is a result of a knee jerk emotive reaction.

There are "minor details" that i contest with the words of theantiterrorist (would you believe!) but again, overall i agree with it and see it as informative and educational. It teaches many things, obstruction is what you name it, I call it guarding against intrusion and the preservation of my freedom.

Would you tell a macdonalds employee your address just because he asked?

I don't see uniforms. I see human beings.

• Like 1

Richard. Why else would you go out with your encased rifle, if not to take it to your permission? Common sense you know mate! Somebody clearly saw Darryl and this guy doing an exchange of what clearly appeared as firearms in a public car park. Maybe one or more guns were uncased, or removed from their cases. Whatever, it was seen and someone a bit on the paranoid side hit the panic button.

Moral of this story.

Do not take your rifle, cased or not, to anywhere where the untutored public will see it and panic.

Keep it to Home and Permission only. We may not like being so restricted but, that's how it is, and we must understand this if we want a quiet life with our guns

Regards.

Simon

Now i agree with that wholeheartedly!

Hoorah!

• Like 1

I feel lucky, Mary and I did exactly the same thing, we were selling an Air Arms Prosport she got in trade for my HW100 (I got her HW100 as it still has warranty), she agreed to meet the chap at Forest East Services (halfway between us and him job), he turns up, starts waving it about, across the carpark were a load of traffic cops having a morning meeting! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Luckily the trade passed off without us getting arrested, next time we find a rifle range!

We have also bought a gun in a car park, Scotch Corner, Daystate pcp, we made sure we were well out of the way and did not wave it about! Paid the money, did up the gun bag and transferred it to our car. there was nobody about that day!

Edited by secretagentmole

Miles I served 12 years in the RAF Regiment as a senior NCO. If anyone gave me half a mouthful of what your hooded Guru states, I'd have had him arse upwards into a vehicle and off for a chat over a bun and tea!

Anyway, in the interest of ballanced discussion, I'll give it another, open minded viewing.

Cos I loves ya. :angel:

Simon

while in to

Richard. Why else would you go out with your encased rifle, if not to take it to your permission? Common sense you know mate! Somebody clearly saw Darryl and this guy doing an exchange in a public car park. Maybe one or more guns were uncased, or removed from their cases. Whatever, it was seen and someone a bit on the paranoid side hit the panic button.

Moral of this story. Do not take your rifle, cased or not, to anywhere where the untutored public will see it and panic.

Keep it to Home and Permission only.

Regards.

Simon

with such a stigma that comes from air rifles nowa days and indeed hunting in general i feel the few have ruined it for the majority for instance to transport your airgun to your permission now requires use of a car as walking with the gun cased is even seen as a haness act i agree meeting in a public area wasnt the best course of action however surely the laws have become in the favour of the antis an example in the usa after a two week waiting period you can own a bullet gun surely us englishmen have civil rights as well i agree common sense is a major factor in the upholding and using of any gun but still feel people should have a right to follow their pursuits without being pursecuted for it.

Mister Mole Sir you were very lucky. Because either they must have been asleep. Or Traffic officers can only see out of a bloody car window!

Richard I agree with you. As I said elswhere before, I grew up almost from birth, on shooting in an age when you could walk openly around a rural village with a 12-bore over your arm and stop off at the pub with it. I went shooting with my Dad countless times and the whole shoot's guns would be propped up against the walls while we drank pints. Well, Dandylion and Burdock in my case.

Nobody batted an eyelid. It was part and parcel of country life.

But, those days are gone more's the pity.

We have to be more careful than ever now. People are more fearful and easier to panic than once they were. That's why we have to keep our sport hidden as far as possible. ;)

It's a bind and a bloody sad indightment of how society has become almost imprisoned by fear and ignorance. But that's how it is and it will never change.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 1

Pianoman your my hero on so many levels. I refuse to post my views on that video miles has posted. However I agree it doesn't belong here. The last time I checked this section is for airgun talk not that video and what it preaches.

Maybe anyone who subscribes to miles ideals and clearly those of the YouTube community that video serves then maybe they could pm him for advice and not use this forum for such things.

It's very much a touchy subject for many people miles maybe my friendly advice to you would be to post in in an appropriate section on the forum.

Many thanks

Mawders

• Like 1

Miles I served 12 years in the RAF Regiment as a senior NCO. If anyone gave me half a mouthful of what your hooded Guru states, I'd have had him arse upwards into a vehicle and off for a chat over a bun and tea!

Anyway, in the interest of ballanced discussion, I'll give it another, open minded viewing.

Simon

Shucks :icon_redface:

I think it may be easy for you to imagine, but I've had similar experiences to the one you describe courtesy of an Infantry NCO who took an obsessive like/dislike to me....

Pianoman your my hero on so many levels. I refuse to post my views on that video miles has posted. However I agree it doesn't belong here. The last time I checked this section is for airgun talk not that video and what it preaches.

Maybe anyone who subscribes to miles ideals and clearly those of the YouTube community that video serves then maybe they could pm him for advice and not use this forum for such things.

It's very much a touchy subject for many people miles maybe my friendly advice to you would be to post in in an appropriate section on the forum.

Many thanks

Mawders

Appreciated Mawders.

I won't be removing it for the time being as I believe it pertinent and relevant to the conversation and the subject matter. A useful illustration. I also stand by all I have said to date without regret.

I don't perceive it as 'anarchistic' much less as offensive or dangerous. It is concerning to me that you would suggest that a subject be driven 'underground' and not discussed openly, preferring instead that those who wish to know more contact me privately, I don't believe that promotes a healthy environment on what is (correct me if i'm wrong) an open forum.

But I accept what you say as your opinion and do not seek to change it. Ya never know, I might be wrong!!! :blink:

• Like 1

Simon

I think it may be easy for you to imagine, but I've had similar experiences to the one you describe courtesy of an Infantry NCO who took an obsessive like/dislike to me....

So maybe it is people with some form of authority that you can't abide! Lol.

No your completely right as always. It was silly of me to suggest you maybe move this video to a different section of the forum or that people pm you for advice.

Sorry for suppressing your human rights or conjuring up grand plans for an underground movement. I feel my work here is done. I'm off to have tea and biscuits with the Gestapo.

The stage is yours grand MASTER Milegajo.

Simon

So maybe it is people with some form of authority that you can't abide! Lol.

Yup! Disrespectful thugs on a power trip appear to be what press my buttons. My CO called it a 'character clash', I agree that that's one way of putting it.

• Like 1