Your views on UK Policing

Derek, from a serious point of view their job is done in line with the political order of the day. A few years ago a woman getting a slap wasn't seen as the worst crime in the world, nowadays you'll be jumped on from a great height. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that.

Wildlife crime, firearms, 'terrorism', all the same. You only have to look at the extraditions to the US to see something's seriously wrong with the system.

Having said all that, police officers are human and they're getting pretty pissed off at the crap they have to put up with, not from drunks and junkies but their commanders. Disillusioned to say the least.

It isn't just the police that are affected either - remember the woman who died down a mineshaft because the fire and rescue commander on the ground wouldn't authorise the use of rescue equipment?

Politics, health and safety and bullshit seems to be the nature of the beast.

The police do have hard job locally and I do have respect for them, a lot of my information comes from the police locally but the higher up you go the more the police are just concerned about how they look to the public and if that means covering things up then so be it as in the Phone Hacking case and Stephen Lawrence case. If not for the media it would have all been covered up which is why I am on a public forum using my qualifications with my name. I would not need to do this if the police would do their job correctly and investigate my complaints and those of others.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imo the police dont do a bad job...Its just the odd individual who likes to think he is the be all and end all of its enforcement...bad apples in every spectrum of society..although i do think that so

respect

Posted Images

' timestamp='1339418134' post='2659865']

The bottom line: what I want is a criminal investigation into the RSPB employee called XXX XXXXXXXX in relation to various cases including my own case and for the police to be more transparent and accountable.

I have no hostility to the police and I work with the police as part of my job however if I supply evidence that XXX XXXXXXXX has committed a crime I expect it to be investigated. XXX XXXXXXXX is not named in this case as there is a criminal investigation at the moment by Hexham Police and I want to make sure it is not cover up.

I am also putting together website that that should pull a few feathers.

If you have supplied the evidence, and you say Hexham police are dealing with a criminal investigation to do with that evidence, then surely you need to let it run its course.

I fail to see what peoples views on THL forum, have got to do with your case, whether it be eggs, peregrine chicks, or whatever else it might be. Getting peoples views on here will make no odds to your case.

You appear to have one massive chip on your shoulder. Get over it. I got caught speeding two days on the run, and although I was pissed off, and came out with things like haven't they got anything better to do, they got me fair and square! This country would be anarchy if it wasnt for laws, people abiding by them and people upholding them.

Unfortunatly as has been said before there are bent people in all professions, least of all the legal profession. Google it.

' timestamp='1339419461' post='2659903']

Derek, from a serious point of view their job is done in line with the political order of the day. A few years ago a woman getting a slap wasn't seen as the worst crime in the world, nowadays you'll be jumped on from a great height. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that.

Wildlife crime, firearms, 'terrorism', all the same. You only have to look at the extraditions to the US to see something's seriously wrong with the system.

Having said all that, police officers are human and they're getting pretty pissed off at the crap they have to put up with, not from drunks and junkies but their commanders. Disillusioned to say the least.

It isn't just the police that are affected either - remember the woman who died down a mineshaft because the fire and rescue commander on the ground wouldn't authorise the use of rescue equipment?

Politics, health and safety and bullshit seems to be the nature of the beast.

The police do have hard job locally and I do have respect for them, a lot of my information comes from the police locally but the higher up you go the more the police are just concerned about how they look to the public and if that means covering things up then so be it as in the Phone Hacking case and Stephen Lawrence case. If not for the media it would have all been covered up which is why I am on a public forum using my qualifications with my name. I would not need to do this if the police would do their job correctly and investigate my complaints and those of others.

I might be reading between the lines a bit, but from what I gather from this thread you were convicted of stealing eggs? Then you have made a complaint against the guy who nicked you claiming they are also a criminal? I dunno, sounds a bit weak to me mate maybe you should admit nicking eggs is for tossers and stop harassing someone for doing their job properly and arresting you? It just seems very childish 'yes I was naughty, but he is also naughty and it's not fair waa waa waa'.

But again I might be wrong, so what exactly has this guy done that is worth all of this effort you are putting in? You might have a happier life if you just let it go and move on.

No I have not been charged with anything.

Up today open letter to the police and IPCC, 11 June 2012.

http://staffordshiresocialservices.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/protest-against-police-corruption-and-unaccountability-12th-june-2012-london-policecorruption-ipcc-protest-police/

Open letter to all the police in the UK

The only way forward is accountability and transparency.

On a local level I know the police want to act in the public interest and to investigate the crimes of the RSPB but higher up the police are too concerned about not being seen to have made a mistake or being embarrassed and this has led to injustice and perverting the course of justice in a number of cases. I have had police officers apologising to me as they know I am right but they are being told not to speak to me from higher up. It is called a police cover and it is not in the public interest. If someone makes a complaint and supplies evidence to back the complaint up then investigate the complaint or tell the complainant where he/she is wrong or mistaken, do not just ignore the complainant just because you do not have a good explanation why you will not investigate the complaint given matter of fact evidence that has been supplied.

What is needed is transparency and accountable to the tax payer and the Independent Police Complaints Commission needs to be replaced with an organisation that is not a complete waste of tax payers money as it will not do anything to help the public that I have seen and I have dealt with them for 15 years. This may be why a hundred solicitors walked out on the IPCC. I have asked for the percentage of people that are happy with their service and they will not tell me however I have been unofficial told it is less than 10%. What other organisation that is funded by us would be allowed to have 90% dissatisfaction rate? The IPCC have even blocked my email address as they cannot answer my questions without looking bad.

We have the best police force in the world however there are still serious problem with the police that need to be addressed in the public interest otherwise we will continue have wrongful convictions and the real guilty parties like the RSPB getting away with breaking the law. If we do not investigate the crimes of the past by the RSPB then we are doomed to repeat them. The public need access to justice via the Police and if not the IPCC. We should not have go lengthy campaigns through the media to secure justice.

This is not a complaint against the good police officers that I have met that wanted to help me secure justice. You know who you are and your employers will not be told so you will not be victimised. We need to support the police in our interests but the police also need to support us and listen to us and most of all the police need to be accountable and explain why something is done or not done in detail. I want to be proud of our police force but the police need to give me a reason to be proud and where this fails we need an IPCC that works and not just an extension of the police to support the police no matter what they do.

I want justice for all and that includes the police and this will only happen with complete accountability to the public and I do not just mean cases in the papers like the Phone hacking case and the Stephen Lawrence case. In the aforesaid cases the police said nothing was wrong but when the media embarrassed them they then changed their mind. I hope however one extreme to another does not result in another injustice as we also need consistency of police investigations and not trophy trials. I know it is a hard balancing act and no one has the complete panacea and no one situation writes the book on policing but a good way forward is accountability and transparency and common sense.

I would ask the police to talk openly to the public and not cover things up as has occurred in the past while the IPCC stand back at an exquisite remove doing nothing to serve the public. I would ask the Police and the IPCC to talk to me and the people that I represent. Go through the evidence that I have supplied on my behalf and others and tell me where we the public are wrong and if you cannot show us where we are wrong then investigate our complaints in the public interest. Notwithstanding what I have said the fact I can say what I have just said without the police beating me up to silence me gives me heart that we live in a free country to an extent but if the police were accountable and transparent then society would be a better and more a fairer place to live for us all including the police as they would regain the public’s respect.

Derek Canning LLB [hons]

' timestamp='1339432334' post='2660237']

[media=]

[/media]

http://staffordshire...protest-police/

On a local level I know the police want to act in the public interest and to investigate the crimes of the RSPB but higher up the police are too concerned about not being seen to have made a mistake or being embarrassed and this has led to injustice and perverting the course of justice in a number of cases. I have had police officers apologising to me as they know I am right but they are being told not to speak to me from higher up. It is called a police cover and it is not in the public interest. If someone makes a complaint and supplies evidence to back the complaint up then investigate the complaint or tell the complainant where he/she is wrong or mistaken, do not just ignore the complainant just because you do not have a good explanation why you will not investigate the complaint given matter of fact evidence that has been supplied.

What is needed is transparency and accountable to the tax payer and the Independent Police Complaints Commission needs to be replaced with an organisation that is not a complete waste of tax payers money as it will not do anything to help the public that I have seen and I have dealt with them for 15 years. This may be why a hundred solicitors walked out on the IPCC. I have asked for the percentage of people that are happy with their service and they will not tell me however I have been unofficial told it is less than 10%. What other organisation that is funded by us would be allowed to have 90% dissatisfaction rate? The IPCC have even blocked my email address as they cannot answer my questions without looking bad.

We have the best police force in the world however there are still serious problem with the police that need to be addressed in the public interest otherwise we will continue have wrongful convictions and the real guilty parties like the RSPB getting away with breaking the law. If we do not investigate the crimes of the past by the RSPB then we are doomed to repeat them. The public need access to justice via the Police and if not the IPCC. We should not have go lengthy campaigns through the media to secure justice.

This is not a complaint against the good police officers that I have met that wanted to help me secure justice. You know who you are and your employers will not be told so you will not be victimised. We need to support the police in our interests but the police also need to support us and listen to us and most of all the police need to be accountable and explain why something is done or not done in detail. I want to be proud of our police force but the police need to give me a reason to be proud and where this fails we need an IPCC that works and not just an extension of the police to support the police no matter what they do.

I want justice for all and that includes the police and this will only happen with complete accountability to the public and I do not just mean cases in the papers like the Phone hacking case and the Stephen Lawrence case. In the aforesaid cases the police said nothing was wrong but when the media embarrassed them they then changed their mind. I hope however one extreme to another does not result in another injustice as we also need consistency of police investigations and not trophy trials. I know it is a hard balancing act and no one has the complete panacea and no one situation writes the book on policing but a good way forward is accountability and transparency and common sense.

I would ask the police to talk openly to the public and not cover things up as has occurred in the past while the IPCC stand back at an exquisite remove doing nothing to serve the public. I would ask the Police and the IPCC to talk to me and the people that I represent. Go through the evidence that I have supplied on my behalf and others and tell me where we the public are wrong and if you cannot show us where we are wrong then investigate our complaints in the public interest. Notwithstanding what I have said the fact I can say what I have just said without the police beating me up to silence me gives me heart that we live in a free country to an extent but if the police were accountable and transparent then society would be a better and more a fairer place to live for us all including the police as they would regain the public’s respect.

Derek Canning LLB [hons]

That is a long, boring but most of all extremely vague letter. To save everyone else the time, the letter can be reduced down to 'we think the police can be better, but offer no ideas how or any specific examples'.

So to get to the point, what precisely are you complaining about? Anyone can point their finger and whinge, which is easily done to any organisation. Give a real life example of what happened to you regarding eggs etc and you might get a sympathetic response. But at the moment, you are just complaining you don't think the police making the decisions are doing a good enough job, with no solutions offered and you come across like a whingy little bitch.

' timestamp='1339432334' post='2660237']

[media=]

[/media]

http://staffordshire...protest-police/

Derek Canning LLB [hons]

That is a long, boring but most of all extremely vague letter. To save everyone else the time, the letter can be reduced down to 'we think the police can be better, but offer no ideas how or any specific examples'.

So to get to the point, what precisely are you complaining about? Anyone can point their finger and whinge, which is easily done to any organisation. Give a real life example of what happened to you regarding eggs etc and you might get a sympathetic response. But at the moment, you are just complaining you don't think the police making the decisions are doing a good enough job, with no solutions offered and you come across like a whingy little bitch.

If you read my other post, if you are bothered they will enlighten you however as stated I am writing to the police via a public forum.

' timestamp='1339434218' post='2660290']

Are you getting unwanted attention as putting you name all over. Site watched by every one but the nspcc ain't going to help is it

It is read by more people than you think.

go away is it !!!!! My little go at sarcasm sort off pointed that out don't yo think

f**k me, if waffle was a sign of a good lawyer you'd be f*****g Rumpole of the Bailey.......as has been said, what exactly do you want?

If your so sure of your case and your skills, bring a private prosecution if you think you have been wronged in some way.

There's lads on here with REAL worries and dealing with life's REAL problems, don't see them pissing and moaning....get a f*****g grip man!!