Sign in to follow this  
Themaverick

NEW VENUE /NEW DATE /14 APRIL CHARITY DOG SHOW

Guest Leanne23

well done with the show today fiona done a great job ya could off done it with your eyes closed well orginized. :thumbs: well done to john with china well pleased with her.. and charlene and her pup buffy and the whippet race coming 2nd with little spring..and charlene winning the all over best in show handling class with her whippet angel :toast: :toast:

leanne

Edited by Leanne23
  • Like 1

everything tallied up,and everything paid for ,(insurance, trophies ect...) there will be a total of £715 going directly to childrens cancer fund of northern ireland!!

i am please with that...hopefully we can all do it again next year and do it better!!

i would like thank pearce hagan my lurcher judge, glen doherty my whippet judge and davy parks my terrier judge...reports are you all done an excellent job, everyone was very happy with the results

id like to say thanks for all ring stewards and everyone who helped make this happen...!# also thanks to liz for presenting the eddie mckinstry shield for best in show....

hope to see you all next year !

• Like 5

Great job today Fiona and your crew it was a great tunout, good weather and most of all good crack just glad we coud be a part of it. I would just like to say i think it was very fitting that a whippet was the first dog to win the Eddie McKinstry shield.May we have many more days like today throughout the summer and all get along and enjoy the crack :)

• Like 2

THAT £715 IS NOT COUNTING WHAT WAS RAISED IN THE BUCKETS THAT THE TWO LADIES FROM THE CHILDREN CANCER CHARITY WERE GOING AROUND WITH...AND JUST GOT WORD YOU WERE ALL VERY GENEROUS, THEY DIDNT SAY WHAT THEY TOTALED AT, BUT THEY WERE DELIGHTED... SO THANKS AGAIN TO EVERY ONE!!

• Like 1

A huge Well done Fiona and all your helpers , ye,s realy pulled off a Fantastic Day , we loved every minute , Absolutley Brilliant to watch !

even the kids never complained once , I cant wait for your next one , we,l all be back up to you to support you , some cracking fotos but still trying to upload them ,

Well done on raiseing that large amount for those children xxxx love Rachel Paddy and all the gang that came up with us xxxx and thankyou x

• Like 3

Thanks for a great day out yesterday and well done to the organisers.

The racing was brilliant (even though my first time runner got stage fright and just stood there!)

Just great to see so many dogs and people out enjoying themselves

• Like 2

Well done Fiona - glad we could help. Can you make sure you get qualifiers to complete and return their forms to me as soon as possible in order that they can get their passes etc .

Albert

• Like 2

once again,well done on a brillant day ,judges done a great job racing was first class good to run a propper distance for a change ,sure you lost a few pounds i dont think you stopped running all day ,thanks a mill for the painting your not a bad hand with the brush ,i can assure you it as found a very good forever home ,so once again many thanks.(o an by the way it was JESS who was second in the pups ,remember that name for next year :hmm: .

• Like 3

FOR ANYBODY WHO IS INTERESTED IN BUYING A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO OF YOUR DOG PLEASE CONTACT DEREK,HE IS VERY REASONABLE, AND HE HAS SOME EXCELLENT SHOTS OF THE RACING AND OF THE OWNERS AND DOGS , derek216@btinternet.com

• Like 1

once again,well done on a brillant day ,judges done a great job racing was first class good to run a propper distance for a change ,sure you lost a few pounds i dont think you stopped running all day ,thanks a mill for the painting your not a bad hand with the brush ,i can assure you it as found a very good forever home ,so once again many thanks.(o an by the way it was JESS who was second in the pups ,remember that name for next year :hmm: .

jed ,did you win lurcher puppy champion ? because thats the result i have and you left behind ur silver cup...the ring steward got a bit mixed up...so i have it here for you and if u private pm me ur address il post it to you

i did fiona fair play, you were extremely busy as you know so i didnt want to be annoying you ill get in touch.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By appleblossom

My Updated Dog Show/Racedays/Game Fairs list for 2018.

**Will keep adding in your show dates as they are pm to me .**UP DATED  20.4.18 (A Few Changes)
       Sunday 22nd April 18
      Laois Lurcher , Whippet, and Terrier Club Dog Show and Raceday in Abbyleix.
      Laois Lurcher , Whippet, and Terrier Club Dog Show and Raceday will be held Sunday 22nd April in  Abbeyleix . There will be classes for  Lurchers/Whippets/Terriers and Hounds.  Racing on the day with all the usual races, and an open race for Lurchers and an open race for Whippets. Also there will be ferret Showing. Gates open at 10.00am, Racing booking in at 11.00am, Racing Heats  approx 11.30 followed by Ferretts and Showing. Racing Finals after Showing. Dog Show will be well signposted when you get to Abbeyleix.
      Sunday 29th April 18
      Combined Clubs Dog Show.
      The Combined Clubs are holding their Lurcher/Terrier/Whippet/Strong Dogs show and Raceday, at Annaghmore Race Track, Co Armagh Sunday 29th April 18. This Show is a qualifier for the 5 Nations/MasterMc Grath/Mick the Millar at Shanes Castle, Co Antrim, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 18.
      FOR YOUR SAT NAVS :
      54 DERRYCOOSE ROAD, ANNAGHMORE, COUNTY ARMAGH. 
      BT62 1LY
      Sunday 6th May 18
      Rockview Harriers Annual Hound, Terrier, Lurcher and Pet Show, at Seven Houses Coursing Ground,Danesfort, Co Kilkenny, near Junction 9,M9 Motorway, will take place on  
      Sunday 13th May 18
      DWTC Dog Show and Race day, Co Armagh
      This Show is a qualifier for the 5 Nations/MasterMc Grath/Mick the Millar at Shanes Castle, Co Antrim, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 18. Full Details Later
      Sunday 13th May 18
      The Paddy Dunphy Killure Working Terrier and Lurcher Dog Show and Race Day, at Killure, Co Waterford.
      Sunday 20th May 18 (Please note New Venue)
      2nd Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 2nd Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 20th May at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
       Sunday 20th May 18
      Golden Vale Foxhounds Annual Dog Show at Clonakenny. Roscrea, Co Tipperary.  This show has  all the Qualifers for Shanes Castle 23rd and 24th June 18.
      Saturday 26th May 18
      Northern Ireland Country Sports Fair, Scarvagh House, Scarva, Banbridge, Co Down BT63 6NL. ( Dog Show)
      ***Gilford Lurcher, Terrier, Whippet Club Dog Show and Raceday, at the NI Country Sports Fair Scarvagh House, Scarva, Saturday 26th May  ( Dog Show and Racing on same  day this year, Saturday Only )*** also all the fun of the Fair.
      Sunday 27th May 18
      Barristown , Co Meath Dog Show and Raceday.
      Full Details Shortly
      Sunday 3rd June 18
      Armagh Sporting Dog Charity Show and Raceday Sunday 3rd June 18 (Fiona Devlins Show) Full details later
       Sunday 3rd June 18
      Araglen  and Kilworth  Harriers Dog Show Sunday 3rd June  18. ( Between Fermoy and Mitchelstown, Co Cork ) Full Details Later.
      Sunday 10th June 18
      West Wexford Harriers Annual Hound Show Sunday 10th June  at Cassagh, New Ross, Co Wexford. Classes for Hounds/Lurchers/Terriers/Whippets and Pets. Full Details Later.
      Sunday 17th June 18 (Please note New Venue) 3rd Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 3rd Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 17th June at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 17th June 18
      Collnakilla Harriers Dog Show and Sheep Dog Trials, Rathcormac, Co Cork. Full Details later
      Sunday 24th June 18
      The North Tipperary Hound and Dog Show will be held on Sunday the 24th June at Lisbonney, Dublin Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary. Full Details later.
      Saturday 23rd/Sunday 24th June 18
      All Ireland Championships at the 40th Anniversary Irish Game Fair at Shanes Castle, Co Antrim
      Sunday 15th July 18
      Cloyne Harriers Dog Show  Sunday 15th July 18 at Cloyne, Co Cork. Full details of classes later.
      Sunday 15th July
      Booked for another show. Full details later
      Sunday 22nd July 18 (Please note New Venue) 4th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 4th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 22nd July at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 5th August 18 ( Please note New Venue ) 5th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 5th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 5th August at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 16th September 18 ( Please note New Venue ) 6th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 6th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 16th September at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.

Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom

WAKEY, WAKEY, ANOTHER TOP DOG SHOW AND RACE DAY ON THE HORIZON.

THE COMBINED CLUBS ARE HAVING A  DOG SHOW AND RACE DAY AT ANNAGHMORE RACE TRACK, ANNAGHMORE , CO ARMAGH. SUNDAY 29TH APRIL 18.
      FOR YOUR SAT NAVS :
      54 DERRYCOOSE ROAD, ANNAGHMORE, COUNTY ARMAGH. 
      BT62 1LY.
      RACING WILL COMMENCE AT 11.00AM SHARP
      SHOWING WILL START AFTER THE RACING AT APPROXIMATELY 1.30 
      ALL THE USUAL CLASSES
      ***PLEASE  NOTE THIS SHOW IS A QUALIFER FOR THE 5 NATIONS/MASTER MC GRATH /MICK THE MILLER AT SHANES CASTLE  23rd AND 24th JUNE 18 ***

MARGARET MC STAY

• By appleblossom
      HI HO HI HO,
      IT'S OFF TO
      LAOIS, LURCHER, WHIPPET AND TERRIER SHOW , ABBEYLEIX, THIS SUNDAY 22ND APRIL 18
      DON'T YOU FORGET NOW
      PROCEEDS FOR CHARITY
      GATES OPEN AT 10am.
      RACING REGISTRATION  AT 11.00AM
      HEATS  WILL TAKE PLACE AT APPROX  11.30AM
      FINALS AFTER SHOWING
      FERRETT SHOWING AFTER HEATS
      CHILDRENS HANDLING CLASS.
       SHOWING WILL FOLLOW  THE  CHILDRENS HANDLING CLASS
      VETERN CHAMPIONSHIP FINALFOR FIRST PLACED VETERN LURCHER, TERRIER, WHIPPET
      FAMILY FUN PET DOG SHOW
      CATERING FACILITIES ON SITE.

PROCEEDS IN AID OF ST VINCENT DE PAUL,  ABBEYLEIX, CO LAOIS
      Show will be well signposted in Abbeyleix

Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom

The First Sporting Whippet Club NI Dog Show and Race Day 2018.

Ballee playing fields, situated in the shadow of the famous City of the Seven Towers' , is  centered on the outskirts  of Ballymena.  A thriving up market town, Ballymena has evolved over the years to a centre  of excellence for shopping commerce.  This brilliant setting was the new venue for The Sporting Whippet Club NI Dog Shows and Race days of 2018.

As we drove down the motorway towards the playing fields, this being my first time there, my mind was filled with anticipation of what lay before me. On turning the corner I certainly was not disappointed. There before my eyes was ample space of tar and cement for ringside parking, and loads of green pastures to set up our showing rings on.

Although for much of the day it was wet and windy, this did not dampen the spirits of the good Canine people of the Whippet world. There was a good turnout of whippets for such enclement weather on the day. It was nice to meet up with some old friend, and also made some new ones.

The raffle always generates a lot of excitement, with plenty of craic and good banter. As always, the usual suspects moaning and groaning when their numbers are not called out. Having said that the usual suspects went home with an armful of winnings. All happy bunnies at the end of the day. Many thanks to everybody who donated items for the raffle.  All very much appreciated.
      Time flies by very quickly, and very soon it was Race and show time.

**A Big congratulations to Rea Wilson on winning Overall Show Champion of Champions with his beautiful whippet ODIS, and Reserve Champion went to Janet Duke with her winning whippet Oscar. Well done and well deserved to both people.**

Finally, may I take this opportunity to thank our judge of the day, Colin Tucker for carrying out his duties with impeccable judgment, fairness and good taste.
      I cannot forget our chairman Kirsty Fyffe, Racing manager Chontelle Mc Meekan and their hard working committee for the running of a very successful first show of 2018.
      Paul Morrison took some lovely photograph full of skill and happy memories. Many thanks for that Paul.
      A very enjoyable day was had by all.

***The 2nd Sporting Whippet Club NI show of the year will be on Sunday 20th May 2018 at Ballee Park, Ballymena.   See you all then***

Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom

My New Dog Show/Racedays/Game Fairs list for 2018.

**Will keep adding in your show dates as they are pm to me .**UP DATED  16.4.18 (A Few Changes)
       Sunday 22nd April 18
      Laois Lurcher , Whippet, and Terrier Club Dog Show and Raceday
      Laois Lurcher , Whippet, and Terrier Club Dog Show and Raceday will be held Sunday 22nd April in  Abbeyleix . There will be classes for  Lurchers/Whippets/Terriers and Hounds.  Racing on the day with all the usual races, and an open race for Lurchers and an open race for Whippets. Also there will be ferret Showing.  
      Sunday 29th April 18
      Combined Clubs Dog Show. Full details later.
      Sunday 6th May 18
      Rockview Harriers Annual Hound, Terrier, Lurcher and Pet Show, at Seven Houses Coursing Ground,Danesfort, Co Kilkenny, near Junction 9,M9 Motorway, will take place on  
      Sunday 13th May 18
      DWTC Dog Show and Race day, Co Armagh
      Sunday 13th May 18
      The Paddy Dunphy Killure Working Terrier and Lurcher Dog Show and Race Day, at Killure, Co Waterford.
      Sunday 20th May 18 (Please note New Venue)
      2nd Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 2nd Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 20th May at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
       Sunday 20th May 18
      Golden Vale Foxhounds Annual Dog Show at Clonakenny. Roscrea, Co Tipperary.  This show has  all the Qualifers for Shanes Castle 23rd and 24th June 18.
      Saturday 26th May 18
      Northern Ireland Country Sports Fair, Scarvagh House, Scarva, Banbridge, Co Down BT63 6NL. Dog Show and Racing, along with all the fun of the Fair, Something for everyone.
       Sunday 27th May 18
      Northern Ireland Country Sports Fair, Scarvagh House, Scarva, Banbridge, Co Down BT63 6NL. Dog Show and Racing, along with all the fun of the Fair, Something for everyone.
       Sunday 3rd June 18
      Armagh Sporting Dog Charity Show and Raceday Sunday 3rd June 18 (Fiona Devlins Show) Full details later
       Sunday 3rd June 18
      Araglen  and Kilworth  Harriers Dog Show Sunday 3rd June  18. ( Between Fermoy and Mitchelstown, Co Cork ) Full Details Later.
      Sunday 10th June 18
      West Wexford Harriers Annual Hound Show Sunday 10th June  at Cassagh, New Ross, Co Wexford. Classes for Hounds/Lurchers/Terriers/Whippets and Pets. Full Details Later.
      Sunday 17th June 18 (Please note New Venue) 3rd Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 3rd Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 17th June at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 17th June 18
      Collnakilla Harriers Dog Show and Sheep Dog Trials, Rathcormac, Co Cork. Full Details later
      Sunday 24th June 18
      The North Tipperary Hound and Dog Show will be held on Sunday the 24th June at Lisbonney, Dublin Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary. Full Details later.
      Saturday 23rd/Sunday 24th June 18
      All Ireland Championships at the 40th Anniversary Irish Game Fair at Shanes Castle, Co Antrim
      Sunday 15th July 18
      Cloyne Harriers Dog Show  Sunday 15th July 18 at Cloyne, Co Cork. Full details of classes later.
      Sunday 15th July
      Booked for another show. Full details later
      Sunday 22nd July 18 (Please note New Venue) 4th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 4th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 22nd July at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 5th August 18 ( Please note New Venue ) 5th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 5th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 5th August at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.
      Sunday 16th September 18 ( Please note New Venue ) 6th Show.
      The Sporting Whippet Club NI are having their 6th Dog Show and Race Day on Sunday 16th September at Ballee Playing Fields, Ballee Road West, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 2HS. Full details nearer the time.

Margaret Mc Stay