Give them to the dogs?!?!?! FFS

Hugged hare is excellent mate but hare must be hung IMO to get the best out of it.

yes your right westy hares should be hung for as long as poss for the emzines to break down in the meat thumbs.gif like pheseant should be hung for 7days the meat when cooked goes white like chicken. same as beef hung for 35 days thats takes some beating not like super maket beef gets 35 mins to hung maybe thats why dogs bury meat

do ye mean to rot? dogs bury meat for rainy days when fodders in short supply

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stick it in the slow cooker with a can of cider fekin lovely.   tbh, if yer not going to eat it,,you shouldn`t kill it,, leave well alone, killing them for fuckall is a twats game

Some of the best game available, if cooked correctly !   Cheers.

brown the jointed meat off in a pan after dusting with some seasoned flour soften a whole onion or 2 a crushed clove of garlic add the meat onion mix 2 a oven dish along with 2 tins baxters royal

When we used to sell them to the game dealer he insisted we left the gutts in,and said the were going to poland,I would have thought they had enough over there,

If we were eating them ourselves, we used to gut em straight away and empty the chest just as you would a deer,get as much blood out as possible,really top meat to eat mind a good plate full, really nice used in a curry slow cooked,

All the gamedealers I take them to, want them with guts in...

exported to russia no doubt? :thumbs:

Probably but must make the meat taste very strong,my farther used to bring loads back from gedney drove end off the sea wall in the 1970s,and hang em in the garage for a week before gutting em,I was never keen on them then,but when we got one off the pit stack with the dogs we would gut it,Immeadiatly to make it easy to carry,these tasted totally different to ones dad got,

When we used to sell them to the game dealer he insisted we left the gutts in,and said the were going to poland,I would have thought they had enough over there,

If we were eating them ourselves, we used to gut em straight away and empty the chest just as you would a deer,get as much blood out as possible,really top meat to eat mind a good plate full, really nice used in a curry slow cooked,

exported to russia no doubt? thumbs.gif

Probably but must make the meat taste very strong,my farther used to bring loads back from gedney drove end off the sea wall in the 1970s,and hang em in the garage for a week before gutting em,I was never keen on them then,but when we got one off the pit stack with the dogs we would gut it,Immeadiatly to make it easy to carry,these tasted totally different to ones dad got,

im told polish an russians make gravy out of the hares blood meant to taste great not some thing i fancy though mate

exported to russia no doubt? thumbs.gif

im told polish an russians make gravy out of the hares blood meant to taste great not some thing i fancy though mate

Always best to hang with guts in with carrier bag over its head (juggered hare) to catch the hares blood and slowy cook it adding red wine ,so me ganny does fecking lovelly , sh*t to shoot and to heavy to carry , only carry them on orders !

Joint the hare, i use saddle,back legs and front legs,the ferrets or dog has the ribs,after i take the heart out,kidneys and liver,

wrap in tin foil along with the heart,kidneys and liver, with a knob of butter,mushrooms salt and pepper

Then throw on the the embers of a fire(or cook in oven)for about 1 hour.

It will be very nice and tender.Just make sure its wrapped in foil well so no steam or juice can escape.

My and the missus love it,if we have some wood to burn in the back garden we will cook then al fresco.

nice if cooked right :thumbs:

wats the best way to cook it mate

cook it in a slow cooker...throw in some veg.some olive oil and a few herbs and a stock cube to go with the natural stock from the hare and let it cook for a few hours then de~bone the hare then thicken the stock a bit throw the meat back in for a bit and enjoy

Take the meat off the bone cut it into cubes and shallow fry it with home cured bacon fat

Add a dessert spoonful of plum jam.

Dont over cook it

Eat it straight from the pan

You wont be dissappointed

I was never keen on it until a freind cooked it this way

brown the jointed meat off in a pan after dusting with some seasoned flour soften a whole onion or 2 a crushed clove of garlic add the meat onion mix 2 a oven dish along with 2 tins baxters royal game soup slow cook @120 for 5/6 hrs till falling off the bone serve with mashed buttered tatties . may not be the best way but fooking lovely all the same on a cold day :D

got a hare in the freezer might give that a go :thumbs:

brown the jointed meat off in a pan after dusting with some seasoned flour soften a whole onion or 2 a crushed clove of garlic add the meat onion mix 2 a oven dish along with 2 tins baxters royal game soup slow cook @120 for 5/6 hrs till falling off the bone serve with mashed buttered tatties . may not be the best way but fooking lovely all the same on a cold day :D

got a hare in the freezer might give that a go :thumbs:

Shit that sounds good I am hungry now