My Kennels Build.

My old kennels were starting to look a little tatty and with having the Estate Lodge accross the courtyard I thought they didnt set a very good example, old concrete is hard to keep clean, they were starting to smell no matter how much I cleaned and disinfected them.

It was time to start again.

First up was where? There was a patch of grass out the back of my house that would be perfect, the kennels could be south facing, out of view of the Estate Lodge and close enough to be able to run power and water from the Estate workshop :thumbs:

DSC00818.jpg

First job was to take the trees down and raise the level of the ground. As you can see in the picture above there is a drain I wantes to link in to but had the have some sort of "run" in the pipe.

DSC00882.jpg

20 tons of infill to lift the levels.

DSC00906.jpg

Edited by A1an

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proper job them mate

The new runs arrived, I bolted them together and test fitted them, I hoped I had my figures right :D

DSC01110.jpg

Bang on, time to get building. I put a run of block around the line of the hut section, on top of the block I put a DPC to stop and damp creeping up the blockwork into the timber.

I did things a bit arse for tit as I made the kit first then did the blockwork after!

02072008114.jpg

03072008117.jpg

Starting to take shape.

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

Edited by A1an

As you can see from the above pictures, we were puting an extension on to the house at the same time so the builders being on site came in handy.

I decided on automatic drinkers and insulation in the walls. -18 is being a regular occurance in winter here now and sometimes lasting for a good while so since there was some lying around from the extension work it seemed daft not to use it.

23072008125.jpg

The inside lined out and drinkers plumbed in.

DSC03903.jpg

Thats pretty much it, they have a raised bed that is higher than the access hole in the door to stop them being in any direct draughts.

Its got a corrigated iron roof, heatlamps and a lick of Butinox. This winter I made some flaps for the doors to seal up the bed area.

Finished article...

DSC01215.jpg

Hopefully this thread might be of use to somebody thinking about a new set of kennels and is looking for some ideas.