In your oppinion, the best alround dog

JoeD

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you are correct. ive had lurchers a long time and all are different, the ones i keep/breed now are pritty true to type, keen and biddable and can be trained to do most things. i only train to the gun

Lets not pretend some Labs wont hit cover like spaniels cause they will and vice versa there are some very good spaniels that can out shine a lab on retrieving, but these animals are few are far betwe

depends on what you want it for, i take my lab onto the marsh and my cocker rough shooting. my mate has a springer he uses on the marsh, she's great retrieves just as well as the lab. but after the fi

Posted Images

Yes mate she can ... Don't forget my bitch is half collie so hand signals are child's play for her .........

:thumbs: .......you think that would have the opposite effect on the soft mouth though. Hardly known for being the most soft mouthed the faithful collie?.. :hmm:

Be accepted on a driven shoot!

ive used a lurcher on a driven game shoot :yes: correct some raised eyes and muffled words were spoken :laugh:

You would hear some muffled words by any keeper round here if you turned up with a lurcher :laugh:

as i said earlier all went well until a munty got up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: feeeeeeenton :laugh:
  • Like 1

ive used a lurcher on a driven game shoot :yes: correct some raised eyes and muffled words were spoken :laugh:

You would hear some muffled words by any keeper round here if you turned up with a lurcher :laugh:

as i said earlier all went well until a munty got up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: feeeeeeenton :laugh:

Did you get the Munty?... :thumbs:

heard a few lads on the line shouting their so called fantastic gundogs name when deer or hare have popped up in front of them too :yes:

Did you get the Munty?... :thumbs:l

;)

heard a few lads on the line shouting their so called fantastic gundogs name when deer or hare have popped up in front of them too :yes:

I find it better just to whistle............... :whistling::icon_redface:

Did you get the Munty?... :thumbs:

probally jacked, it has no bull blood :whistling::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Did you get the Munty?... :thumbs:l

;)

Ah f**k thats ruined ma joke.................... :laugh:

saw 2 springers muller a fox :laugh: both developed selective deafness :laugh:

i cant whistle, well thats my excuse plus ive 4 labs with me at the same time, their names are You, Fecking, Barsteward, Cvnt....

even though i only re appear with the one dog. :angel:

• Like 2

i cant whistle, well thats my excuse plus ive 4 labs with me at the same time, their names are You, Fecking, Barsteward, Cvnt....

:laugh: ......Well i have 2/3 dogs with me and if a big brown thing goes by they give me the "Can i?" look. I give them the "Only if you want yer baws booted" look........ :D

• Like 2

:laugh: ......Well i have 2/3 dogs with me and if a big brown thing goes by they give me the "Can i?" look. I give them the "Only if you want yer baws booted" look........ :D

mine now older close their eyes now if something gets up other than a game bird as they know the "BANG" is on the cards now :yes:

Been there, done that giving a dog a chance but deep down knowing the dogs a bag of shite plus its embarrassing every fecker knowing the dogs name as your constantly shouting, used to say i had a form of torrettes :whistling:

• Like 1

mine now older close their eyes now if something gets up other than a game bird as they know the "BANG" is on the cards now :yes:

Been there, done that giving a dog a chance but deep down knowing the dogs a bag of shite plus its embarrassing every fecker knowing the dogs name as your constantly shouting, used to say i had a form of torrettes :whistling:

Thats very honest...........must be your dogs these lurcher lads are comparing gundogs too................ :laugh:

The old bitch (10) and Buzz (6) dont bat an eyelid....the pups(2) would love me to say "Get on!!!". When i'm out walking them, and have done so since they've been small they have always....ermmmmmmmm....."excersised themselves when deer have been present".. :whistling: . I find it a cracking way of learning recall........ :D

Yes mate she can ... Don't forget my bitch is half collie so hand signals are child's play for her .........

:thumbs: .......you think that would have the opposite effect on the soft mouth though. Hardly known for being the most soft mouthed the faithful collie?.. :hmm:

Her sire was frome a very prolific line of trial dogs and had been bred NOT to grip the sheep as that as I am sure you know is instant disqualification in the sheep dog trialling world so the bitch is very soft mouthed .........