Been loads of law suits brought against Royal Canin and Eukaniba in the States - everything from infected rice protein in the feed (imported from China) to dodgy ingredients.

"Plaintiffs contend the food is actually made from "inedible" slaughterhouse waste products of the human food chain such as spines, heads, tails, hooves, hair, and blood. Rendering companies who process this waste have also added other inedible "waste" such as euthanized cats and dogs from veterinarian offices and animal shelters, road kill, zoo animals, rancid restaurant grease, toxic chemicals and additives. Additionally, dead animals and those declared unfit for human consumption due to disease and illness are also placed in the mix."

So much for expensive "premium" food. thumbdown.gif

Yes i have heard that as well!!!

Not sure if it has been metioned but i have decided to go for Skinners, was meant to buy it today but drove straight past the pet food shop and didn't remember until i was home doh.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get 20kilo bags of eukanuba for about £36 i never sed red mills is shite mate but if it is meat derivatives then it has shite in it 100% fact meat not fit for human consumption= shite to me jmho

I saw a link sometime ago about euthanesed (sp?) animals in dog food it was vile..see if I can find the link.

you can get 20kilo bags of eukanuba for about £36 i never sed red mills is shite mate but if it is meat derivatives then it has shite in it 100% fact meat not fit for human consumption= shite to me jmho

I saw a link sometime ago about euthanesed (sp?) animals in dog food it was vile..see if I can find the link.

Think thi is itSee what's really in pet food,behind the fancy packaging and pictures

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/...ssing.htm

Think thi is itSee what's really in pet food,behind the fancy packaging and pictures

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/...ssing.htm

My dogs like Dr. John's

i use csj champ ,i tried eukanuba ,james wellbeloved both good dry foods but very expensive, tried dr.johns it was alright but that was about it ,tried skinners which was better than dr johns but still wasn't happy with the look of dogs so tried csj adult champ good stuff dogs look well on it , worth a look on their website csjk9.com

i use csj champ ,i tried eukanuba ,james wellbeloved both good dry foods but very expensive, tried dr.johns it was alright but that was about it ,tried skinners which was better than dr johns but still wasn't happy with the look of dogs so tried csj adult champ good stuff dogs look well on it , worth a look on their website csjk9.com

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I have a food voucher for anything in their range (i won a competition) looks great food, spoke to my local stockist, was very helpful................NOW i need some i can't get hold of them, think they must be on holiday boxing.gif so i am having to buy something else!!

nearly all of the lower priced dog foods like beta, gain red mills is meat derivitives thats all the shite dead zoo animals, euthanised pets (dogs, cats) and meat not fit for human consumption, the likes of eukanuba science plan and royal canin is dearer but at least its not got the shite the rest has got

Euthanised pets? zoo animals?

Fancy showing us some proof of that, sounds like complete bollocks to me mate.

nearly all of the lower priced dog foods like beta, gain red mills is meat derivitives thats all the shite dead zoo animals, euthanised pets (dogs, cats) and meat not fit for human consumption, the likes of eukanuba science plan and royal canin is dearer but at least its not got the shite the rest has got

Euthanised pets? zoo animals?

Fancy showing us some proof of that, sounds like complete bollocks to me mate.

Unfortunately it is true, only in the US though I don't think we have ever sunk quite that low, if you look on Youtube you should find some icky videos on it.

Also just out of interest whats the ingredients for Redmills?

Guest busterdog

Over the years I reckon I've tried just about every dry dog food there is and the only one that kept the wieght on every dog in the yard was Bakers complete.

All the others seemed to be hit and miss, one dog would pile on the pounds but another would suffer and so on. The best way I've found is to alternate between raw flesh and meal, every dog in the yard looks great on this type of diet.

Over the years I reckon I've tried just about every dry dog food there is and the only one that kept the wieght on every dog in the yard was Bakers complete.

All the others seemed to be hit and miss, one dog would pile on the pounds but another would suffer and so on. The best way I've found is to alternate between raw flesh and meal, every dog in the yard looks great on this type of diet.

CERTAINLY CANT BEAT RAW FLESH SEEN ME HAVE BIG LEG OF BEEF HUNG UP AND CUT LUMP OFF AND JUST DROP OVER INTO PEN NOT AS EASY TO GET HOLD OF NOW ALL DEPENDS WHAT WE GET IN KENNEL HORSE MEAT IS GOOD BUT DOESNT ARF MAKE TERRIERS FART :sick: REGARDS DABCHICK