Big roe buck

Hi this is a pic of a roe buck shot the other night by a forgin client on an estate in Angus area & came in a 53lb clean. I have put another head of 140cic next to it to let you compare as the pic's dont do it justice.

DSC06371.jpg

DSC06372.jpg

DSC06374.jpg

DSC06375.jpg

DSC06376.jpg

DSC06379.jpg

DSC06380.jpg

I hope to get pic's of it cleaned up & again take pic's with it next to the gold head to compare them.

Thats a mighty Roe there mate, shame he didnt see the rut this year, but I suppose paying clients must be kept happy. Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

We recon it was bigger last year & this buck has been knowen to the keeper for a few years & thought it was time to take him this year.

That's a very nice buck! :clapper:

"shame he didnt see the rut this year, but I suppose paying clients must be kept happy"

It always makes me chuckle when I hear these kind of comments. He's no doubt seen out 7 or 8 ruts already in his life, and his genetics don't change like the size of his head! As a 2 year old 6 pointer he would have passed on the same genes as he will as an 8 year old super gold medal. He was left till after the rut......................last years rut ;)

Let us know what he weighs.

Cheers,

Mark.

ps, Is that a frost bitten tine end??

Edited by mj robson

Thats a mighty Roe there mate, shame he didnt see the rut this year, but I suppose paying clients must be kept happy. Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

We recon it was bigger last year & this buck has been knowen to the keeper for a few years & thought it was time to take him this year.

spot on mate... its just I work a little differently, I just shoot young bucks and a few old beasts, I dont take many, so like to leave the best about... sorry if I sounded like I was having a dig, I certainly wasnt, and man Id be feckin buzzing about dropping a beast like that!

It always makes me chuckle when I hear these kind of comments.

hope ye had a good laugh about that MJ Robson, dont patronise me just because I have different management practice :no:

I would love to know what that beauty weighs out at and how it's scored.

Well done that man :notworthy:

I like that you have waited till he was going back, what must he have been like in his prime?!!!!!!

Just occassionally I have a nice buck on a small patch local to me. As there is a lot of shooting pressure in the area I leave him alone, it's always a pleasure to see him.

ft