deerhound crosses

YE i think it did ye it one it but that means nothing realy as a few rabits dont test the real scottish deerhound cross mate ,ive got a small colie type lurcher here that can catch rabits easy , raBbits are no big deal we shall leave it at that ,a scottish deerhound pre ban was a hare dog deer dog lift afox rabBits were a poor second mate end off ,IF YOUR DOGS CANT CATCH A FEW RABITS WELL THERE NOT TO CLEVER ,derhound dogs can be good ive saw plenty but along time since i saw one grace the big land catching the hares whatever even before the ban, is yours a first cross sh ,

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

deerman what about now ,i can talk about now mate but why put youreself in the fire no need to , all im saying is its years since i saw good deerhound crosses ,localy they were the favoured dogs back in the eighties early ninties , most of the deerhound crosses ive saw lately were very fine chested not very strong to do ashift looked good in the show ring tell me when was the last time any youse saw adeerhound cross do three winter hares on good open land , or knack foxes pre ban with ease or take thirty or more rabbs ,if youse guys are breeding real deals then you are keeping the SCOTTISH DEERHOUND TYPE GOING GOOD ON YOUSE

WHIN I LIVED UP GODS COUNTRY 22 YEARS AGO AND HUNTED WITH A BLOKE WHO HAD DEERHOUND TYPES AND WAS OUT 5/6 NIGHTS/DAYS A WEEK AND CAUGHT A LOT OF DIFF GAME, SO MATE YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAUGHT A SALMON FOR BREAKFAST, A ROE FOR DINNER AND FOUGHT A BEAR JUST BEFORE BEDTIME MY FREIND.

• Like 2

not slating and moo yours has as much deerhound as mines has ,any nite you fancy a run your welcome,but to me thats not a first cross or second cross mate far from the deerhound types we kept ,could look like a saluki , im talking about genuine deerhound first cross second crosses not saluk cross etc

well were are the good deerhound crosses now and im talking about scottish deerhound crosses dont see many ,were as years ago we all had them localy you have got to remeber ,i would have agenuine scottish deerhound tomorow if it was as handy as the dogs me and afew mates have had over the years, i would love to se a few good genuine ones that breed true like the american staghound,

deerman what about now ,i can talk about now mate but why put youreself in the fire no need to , all im saying is its years since i saw good deerhound crosses ,localy they were the favoured dogs back in the eighties early ninties , most of the deerhound crosses ive saw lately were very fine chested not very strong to do ashift looked good in the show ring tell me when was the last time any youse saw adeerhound cross do three winter hares on good open land , or knack foxes pre ban with ease or take thirty or more rabbs ,if youse guys are breeding real deals then you are keeping the SCOTTISH DEERHOUND TYPE GOING GOOD ON YOUSE

WHIN I LIVED UP GODS COUNTRY 22 YEARS AGO AND HUNTED WITH A BLOKE WHO HAD DEERHOUND TYPES AND WAS OUT 5/6 NIGHTS/DAYS A WEEK AND CAUGHT A LOT OF DIFF GAME, SO MATE YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAUGHT A SALMON FOR BREAKFAST, A ROE FOR DINNER AND FOUGHT A BEAR JUST BEFORE BEDTIME MY FREIND.

You forgot about the lobster for tea :laugh:

another month for the lobsters mate but things are going [bANNED TEXT] ,aNO BEING SEROUS ITS YEARS SINCE I SAW GOOD SCOTTISH DEERHOUND CROSSES , AL THE ONES IVE SAW WHO CAN RUN REAL WELL ON BIG LAND ARE OVER BY IN AMERICA , WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A SCOTTISH DEERHOUND CROSS ONE A HARE COURSING COMP AS THTAS WHAT WE USED THEM FOR IN THE EIGHTIES ETC CATCHINGHARES AND OTHER GAME ,YOUSE MAYBE THINK I GOING ON BUT WERE ARE THE GOD ONE WHICH CAN HACK IT ON BIG LAND WE HAVE LOCALY ARE THERE GUYS OUT THER WITH THEM OR IDS THE SALUK THE BES DOG FOR THE BIG LAND NOWADAYS

another month for the lobsters mate but things are going [bANNED TEXT] ,aNO BEING SEROUS ITS YEARS SINCE I SAW GOOD SCOTTISH DEERHOUND CROSSES , AL THE ONES IVE SAW WHO CAN RUN REAL WELL ON BIG LAND ARE OVER BY IN AMERICA , WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A SCOTTISH DEERHOUND CROSS ONE A HARE COURSING COMP AS THTAS WHAT WE USED THEM FOR IN THE EIGHTIES ETC CATCHINGHARES AND OTHER GAME ,YOUSE MAYBE THINK I GOING ON BUT WERE ARE THE GOD ONE WHICH CAN HACK IT ON BIG LAND WE HAVE LOCALY ARE THERE GUYS OUT THER WITH THEM OR IDS THE SALUK THE BES DOG FOR THE BIG LAND NOWADAYS

Granted the more traditional crosses of years gone by are few and far between these days but that dosen't mean they arn't out there...should everybody bring there deerhound crosses up to gods country for your approval is it matthew :no:

dan im afraid the stag hound of america is miles better than the scottish deerhound we have or the deerhound lurcher we have for sure i dont no a real deal hunting poaching guy who keeps deerhound lurchers nowadays ,last one i saw was andy baron cross many years ago, after ten years every year hunting in the states , and seeing staghounds and saluki crosses i know were my money is on good dogs ,most people hear play at being hunters but there some that dont , alas none keep the scottish deerhound cross as well there not realy up to the job like the coyote hound stag hound is ,cant remeber the last time i saw a deerhound cross in a coursing comp , or even in the hands of good knowlegble hunting guys nowadays ,the saluki cross and the terrier crosses are the main hunting dogs in the uk , with the odd die hard collie cross, the deerhounds i saw run in my early teens etc are miles away from the dogs that are about now ,and so are the guys that ran them , ive saw several deerhounds crosses here not in the same class as the stag hounds over your way, my old mate has some tidy staghounds bred fromben hardaways dogs they can run ajack and if the get the chance take acoyote ,i ve yet to see a good deerhound cross genuine one for years, we havent got them like youse over there , the top dogs over here are saluki crosses terrier crosses and some collie types , the rest are second rate for catching all sorts of qaurry or coursing comps im afraid

Whin your welcome to come and have a look at my deerhound x run next season. no way is she second rate, im not just saying that becuase she is mine. ive seen many different types of lurchers run and to be honest the deerhound x has shone through the lot of them, im not saying that other crosses are no good (far from it) just my prefured x now thats all

thats a very bold statement sh 08, concidering you said in the next post the dog is only 9 month old.

shone through other dogs you have seen and its only 9 month :blink:

we all have high hopes for the pups we run on , and at times they can do great things at a young age , but be very carfull coming out with the above , it can often turn round and bite you hard :thumbs:

dan im afraid the stag hound of america is miles better than the scottish deerhound we have or the deerhound lurcher we have for sure i dont no a real deal hunting poaching guy who keeps deerhound lurchers nowadays ,last one i saw was andy baron cross many years ago, after ten years every year hunting in the states , and seeing staghounds and saluki crosses i know were my money is on good dogs ,most people hear play at being hunters but there some that dont , alas none keep the scottish deerhound cross as well there not realy up to the job like the coyote hound stag hound is ,cant remeber the last time i saw a deerhound cross in a coursing comp , or even in the hands of good knowlegble hunting guys nowadays ,the saluki cross and the terrier crosses are the main hunting dogs in the uk , with the odd die hard collie cross, the deerhounds i saw run in my early teens etc are miles away from the dogs that are about now ,and so are the guys that ran them , ive saw several deerhounds crosses here not in the same class as the stag hounds over your way, my old mate has some tidy staghounds bred fromben hardaways dogs they can run ajack and if the get the chance take acoyote ,i ve yet to see a good deerhound cross genuine one for years, we havent got them like youse over there , the top dogs over here are saluki crosses terrier crosses and some collie types , the rest are second rate for catching all sorts of qaurry or coursing comps im afraid

Whin your welcome to come and have a look at my deerhound x run next season. no way is she second rate, im not just saying that becuase she is mine. ive seen many different types of lurchers run and to be honest the deerhound x has shone through the lot of them, im not saying that other crosses are no good (far from it) just my prefured x now thats all

thats a very bold statement sh 08, concidering you said in the next post the dog is only 9 month old.

we all have high hopes for the pups we run on , and at times they can do great things at a young age , but be very carfull coming out with the above , it can often turn round and bite you hard :thumbs:

Totaly agree mate but she has already retrieved things day and night that dogs of 18 months old havent. she can only get better mate thats the way i look at it. and next season she will be worked at least 4 nights a week.

Totaly agree mate but she has already retrieved things day and night that dogs of 18 months old havent. she can only get better mate thats the way i look at it. and next season she will be worked at least 4 nights a week.

Sh08 it is not as straight forward as that ....a 9month old lurcher especialy of that type is very m uch a baby and wont be physically or mentally matured I wouldnt be surprised if we see you posting next season saying the youngster has packed it in ....I saw it happen to a young bitch a few years agao ...ayoung lad that is on these sites gave his bitch too much too soon in her first season and she jacked ....its the same a sterriers no dog has been ruined by being held back .....and remember its hairy balls youve got sh08 not crystal balls or dont count your chickens before they hatch .

sho8, what cross is your dog, as you said it wasnt a half cross, ????

is it a 3/4 grey x 1/4 deer??? or has it got other breeds in there :thumbs: collie ect.

whatever the breeding be carfull, those big fast running machines can have problems with groth plates, one of the reasons greyhounds cant run on the track till 16 month :thumbs:

Whin, there are lads from down here who have been cleaning up in your own backyard for years with genuine 1st cross deer/greys !!! If you get out as much as you say you do, I'm supprised you haven't bumped into them !!! Or maybe they just heard you coming and kept out of your way ????

Cheers,