Theoben or AirArms

No particular model but the make as a whole. Theoben are far more expensive than AirArms, but are they better in terms of accuracy?

Theoben are known as the Rollys Royce of Airguns and AirArms produce the most popular guns in terms of value for money. I never handled a Theoben so I can't really comment.

The Rapid MK2, does look stunning though :icon_redface:

Edited by LordGamebore

No particular model but the make as a whole. Theoben are far more expensive than AirArms, but are they better in terms of accuracy?

Theoben are known as the Rollys Royce of Airguns and AirArms produce the most popular guns in terms of value for money. I never handled a Theoben so I can't really comment.

The Rapid MK2 does look stunning though :icon_redface:

Nothing to gain in any PCP as far as accuracy is concerned all much the same .Its the finished article as far as I can see.All have there faults being poor blueing or poor finish inside regs etc.A hard one to call both are decent guns ..Aftersales is another issue altogether .Theoben do have a poor reputation as far as there customer service is concerned going back a long long time that can be ;laid at a former co owner without a doubt

Their both more accurate than the shooter and both great guns. But for hunting I would choose Air arms every time you don’t need hundreds of shots and I would mutch prefer a smaller lighter gun every time. some of the Theobens weigh more than some centre fire rifles Is all that weight really necessary for an air rife? Just my opinion. ;) atb bedrock

dont like theoben triggers, should be better for the money you pay out

Yes considering you could be paying not shy of £1000 for some Theobens they do seem to be lacking. Allot of people think the trigger is crap they don’t have quick fill or pressure gages even those these are not essential they still would be nice, and they are on guns half there price. Totally over rated In my opinion. atb bedrock

dont like theoben triggers, should be better for the money you pay out

Yes considering you could be paying not shy of £1000 for some Theobens they do seem to be lacking. Allot of people think the trigger is crap they don’t have quick fill or pressure gages even those these are not essential they still would be nice, and they are on guns half there price. Totally over rated In my opinion. atb bedrock

I have a recently aquired s410 in .22 and love it. I think I'm just falling in love with Theoben rifles for the wrong reasons, looks. The s410 is great within 40 yards and I'm glad I choose it over the .177.

Yes the Theobens are sexy :D But Its for shooting not loving :11: atb bedrock

Not for loving? How dare you! :angry:

;) LOL

Anyway, John Darling, If I remember correctly, used a Theoben Rapid and he always spoke highly of it. There was a review not too long ago in Sporting Rifle Magazine and it mentioned problems with the trigger.

Edited by LordGamebore

well my mate has a rapid and he loves it more that any of his s410s hes had before. but i love my s400 and theobens do look very good. hmm, its a tough desicion but i would say air arms for value and theoben for looks. but air arms rifles are pretty as well. i shall have to go into a state of deep meditation to decide this....

i had a rapid 17 mk1 and a rapid 12 mk2 and i sold them both 2 get another AA S400, theoben are complete and utter bollux ther costomer servise is s**t, Theoben need a good c**k up there arse, and people are sayin about looks? looks mean nothing its what you use the gun for , my opinion is theres 2 many people on here all the gear no idiea ;)

• 1 month later...

I am looking a S410 l/h, recently told about a problem of putting 2 pellets up the spout [spoke to hw100 rep at Cheshire g&c fair] he admitted he had an s410 he wouldnt part with but was trying to sell the hw100 and the mechanism that stops you accidentally loading two pellets...is it that big a problem, has anyone had it happen??

my first thought is for the s410 as i have had an s200 and loved it but i just wanted some views on this. it will be used for hunting and occasional zeroing/targetting.

ATB