The Country Mans Weekly

They sell it in Martins newsagents in Maghull square, though I wouldn't waste my money and time on it personally, subscribe to EDRD and use this site for all your needs. ;)

why not write to the editor and tell him your concenrs and make suggesytions....that way theres a good chance you will see the kind of articles you want to see. Much more productive than just slagging it off on here :clapper:

They sell it in Martins newsagents in Maghull square, though I wouldn't waste my money and time on it personally, subscribe to EDRD and use this site for all your needs. ;)

why not write to the editor and tell him your concenrs and make suggesytions....that way theres a good chance you will see the kind of articles you want to see. Much more productive than just slagging it off on here :clapper:

Farlap, I dont think anyone is that naive. (not meaning to be rude, but it is what it is).

My boyfriend receives a variety of Gentlemen’s' periodicals :big_boss: (Viz and tractor mags!) but I have yet to enjoy such manly literature. :kiss:

I’ve only seen one copy of Countryman’s Weekly, but have to agree with the general majority on here that it was rather disappointing.

Are there any other hunting/country orientated magazines anyone could recommend? Perhaps covering the sorts of topics on here? (I am assuming EDRD does only cover dogs?) I'm into ferrets, and have an air riffle, but would like to know more about many things, shooting/dogs/shows/fishing/etc.

Anyone..?

Edited by StephOC

Ha Ha Ha..... I did a few years back, I also spoke to (the very nice) Tracy Allen when at the Welsh one year BUT and this was pre ban, they wern't very enthusiastic about articles about 'genuine' terrier work, work to ground, nor the taking of foxes with lurchers, especially mentioning lurchers with bull blood in 'em that, at the time was the unprintable word in the CMW!!!

It has changed, a little.... but still not a mag I would buy on a regular basis nor, I should imagine, would let me contribute too.

I like to remember it as it was, all nostalgic like :rolleyes: , The Shooting News, great hunting articles written by good hunting men :D

Thanks for the reply Farlap! ;)

the cmw is a shadow of its former self , the best hunting mags are the ozy and nz pig hunting and bow hunting mags, there wall to wall hunting storys from readers, and only have a tiny percentage of the ad's.

as for E,D,R,D , whilst its the best we have , its great if your in to terriers. Lurchers and ferrets get left well behind and im sorry but harcoms political bullshit gets right on my tits.

the cmw is a shadow of its former self , the best hunting mags are the ozy and nz pig hunting and bow hunting mags, there wall to wall hunting storys from readers, and only have a tiny percentage of the ad's.

as for E,D,R,D , whilst its the best we have , its great if your in to terriers. Lurchers and ferrets get left well behind and im sorry but harcoms political bullshit gets right on my tits.

well said the reason av stopped getting it atvb :clapper::clapper:
Guest mk3

sorry chap have to disagree, davids political views go hand in hand with the countryside and its people, and for a busy man of his age has spent time and effort to send me various articles, of intrest recently taking the time to highlight articles of intrest himself, lets just hope we see many more years of this great mag :clapper:

bollox , whats the bnp got to do with the country side :no: fook all i tel ya. i live and make a living from the countryside , but i wouldn't suport those bunch of fecking nazi's.