Guest buster321c

The diesel ones are supposed to be better than the petrol , but i had one and although i loved it , it became the bane of my life , spent more time in a garage than a mechanic . :thumbdown:

Hi Clipper,

I have a 57 plate Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 GS. I have had it from new, and have covered over 33K since then. I would struggle to find a bad word to say about the car or engine, it's fast smooth, responsive, ultra reliable (So far any-way) returns on average 34 mpg.

I very nearly bought a new discovery TD5, and I am so very glad I didnt, the Freelander 2 and the TD4 engine are perfect for my needs. I hope this helps !?!

Cheers,

Tom :thumbs:

Morning

I have a Freelander - it's great. Gets nearly everywhere on our estate. Not so wide as the other Land Rovers so easier to get along woodland tracks. Good over most terrain. I'd get another one! :victory:

Bob G

IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING WHAT THE, MPG , YOU GET, THANKS
does any one run a freelander td4 deisel ,,, if so what do you reckon
iv had 2 of them td4 diesels they are brill if you got lots of money.in my opinion f*****g rubbish clutch problems, wheel bearings,ect, ect ,ect,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccccccttttttttttttttttttt, Edited by dai dogs
  • 2 weeks later...

i have have a facelift td4 2004 model and have had a trouble free year, i believe you either get a 2004+ model or dont bother getin one as reviews on sites like parkers etc will give you all the feed back you need regarding the pre facelift. they have underrated offroad ablity and once you learn to take them smooth over mud and wet fields etc you wont get stuck with some good tyres they are not true offroaders but are as capable as most people need as for there road mannors there great, powerful, and economical 38-42mpg do some more research on the net before buying though.

alrite mate.my brother had a petrol one and what can i say apart from..... :thumbdown: and he got shut...my mate had an 02 plate diesel and it is bang on,shit hot.id have on,he gets decent milage out of it compared to our izuzu trooper aswell although not as much space.id say the only thing wrong with it is limited space but he manages by putting seats down etc.grate little truck.hope this helps.atvb