Stevens line/strain

LGIM0018-1-1-1.jpg

Acouple of mine if it works

Does anyone have a written pedigree for a stevens dog? or pictures of his dogs because i dont remember them getting smaller.

No small dogs here mate, just grafters,and the pedigree is at stafford dogs home :doh:

not ludlow?

Edited by drifter 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are 1 or 2 boys left that have some of the strong line off him but as for digging to them when they have milk teeth i wouldn't say so even the man himself used to have failures?same as any line

There are still people who have pure Stevens stuff,...they are good terriers,...some are culls, and some are good, just like any line,...some are harder, some are bayers...Stevens favoured a bayer any

Iv'e read some of the comments. Sent six dogs to u.s.a. 1 to WA, 1 to TN, 1 to OK, 2 to CO, 1 to help a job in OK. 3 I bred and 3 of my breeding. Used 6 outside dogs Poker, Warlock, Gin, Dingo, Barney

Posted Images

Guest busterdog

Guys, the dogs i have are far from SMALL, i have one male at 16" and 23lbs, and his son, which is 17" and 30lbs...ive seen dogs from more recent Stevens gear, and they are smaller, and Nick himself didnt like a bigger dog...nothing wrong with that, and i am NOT saying the guy dosnt know terriers, anyone who does/would, would be a fool!!!....

RK, you can put any pics of my dogs up mate...i cant speak for FR though...

The dogs i have are not hard...just good bayer/mixers, but the bigger black dog is not one to get smashed...it was his first season (just gone) and so i worked him light...on a sunday, he was dug to at 6 foot, with a 25lbs coon...he was to ground for 3 hrs....the next day, he worked 3 coons for around 45 minutes under a concrete floor after three white dogs couldnt get the job done...he will be a reliable dog, and bays well.

Kye,..

[/quotdoesn'te]

Kye

youre getting the wrong end of the stick mate, I'm not knocking you in any way, i also don't like big dogs,big dogs generally mean massive ego's in my experience! they are for people who dare not show a chink in there armour.

The dogs i keep can all be easily spanned or they wouldn't be there and i don't keep hard dogs, they have got to be just hard enough to get the job done...nothing more nothing less.

Happy hunting :give_rose:

LGIM0018-1-1-1.jpg

Acouple of mine if it works

Does anyone have a written pedigree for a stevens dog? or pictures of his dogs because i dont remember them getting smaller.

No small dogs here mate, just grafters,and the pedigree is at stafford dogs home :doh:

not ludlow?

No defo not ludlow there isnt a dogs home there it was stafford busterdog should know:D

Guest busterdog

Thank fook for that and it was going to say that there is a lot of so called big names out there that owe nick and his dogs a lot, lets see if they are men enough to admit it . :drinks:

Edited by busterdog
Trying to upload some pictures of present stock,but limited brains is slowing me down.

If i had any brains i wouldn't be on a shovel. :clapper:

stick with the shovell mate your good on that :D nice pics of a good kennel of workers